I have an announcement!

Many of the regulars will know I've been looking at getting hold of a car to work on as a trackday project over the Winter, in preparation for my planned year of Nurburgring in 2008.. well, as of last night I'm now the owner of a 2002 (52) SEAT Arosa 16v Sport (100BHP) - and boy is it in for some abuse!

Here it is as it stands:

ad01.jpeg

ad02.jpeg

ad03.jpeg

To find out what my plans are, and to track my progress between now and Easter (eeeek!), check out the threads below on ClubLupo and SEATCupra.Net:

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=37383&hl=

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?p=1671575

Wish me luck and lots of money, I'll need both!

Ian

Well done Ian its about time
this is something i wish id done years ago
i will be keeping an eye on your progress
let us know how you get on .... :D

Well done Ian its about time
this is something i wish id done years ago
i will be keeping an eye on your progress
let us know how you get on .... :D
I've noticed I have a stalker on ClubLupo ;)

Seems a shame to butcher such a straight looking car...

...still, lets get that interior out. I have a mate with a wrecking ball, box of swan vesta's and a gallon of petrol, he can help you with 'demolitions' of any kind...

Bagsy naming Ian's track-day slag; Arouser.
Indeed, the exterior is damage free - not even any dings - bar a 1cm diameter stone chip on the bonnet. Interior: needs a good clean but that's about it.

The name: that was just too easy :p

Interesting model choice Ian, but SEAT - no surprises there then!! ;)

Best of luck with the project mate - definitely keep tabs on your progress. If things shape up as well as your body kit, then no doubt the project will be a success. Looking forward, (pun intended), to the months ahead.

Cheers,

Darren

Interesting model choice Ian, but SEAT - no surprises there then!! ;)

Hehe.. driving it back from London reminded me just how much fun these little cars are, the chassis is great and being even lighter than an A2 with a wheel on each corner, having a revvy 100bhp engine makes for lots of enjoyment :D

Cheers mate :)

Its going great Ian culd you not choose a test track a bit closer to home
id be interested in seeing how it moves ....:p

Your latest diary is just as interesting as your body kit entry Ian - well done so far buddy.

Just where do you get your time and energy from????? ;)

Looking forward to the next instalment and finished product.

Cheers,

Darren

Your latest diary is just as interesting as your body kit entry Ian - well done so far buddy.

Just where do you get your time and energy from????? ;)

Looking forward to the next instalment and finished product.

Cheers,

Darren

Cheers mate, as for the time - there's never enough but in all honesty this project is turning me into a bit of a hermit as there's so much to get done :(

..and the energy? There is none this week as I'm seriously suffering from a winter dose of ManFlu :(

For anyone that hasn't been keeping up to speed with Ian's exploits, I can thoroughly recommend having a read here:-

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=37383&hl=

Ian's patience, energy, enthusiasm and and all round diligence is to be admired in my book at least.

Well done so far mate.

Baggsy a passenger run some time... ;)

Darren

Thanks mate, things have certainly come a long way in such a short time! Check the link(s) out tomorrow evening when a further transformation will be well underway.. then again on Monday night for the finished product ;)

You're certainly welcome to a ride mate, and if you're interested I still have one or two passenger slots free for 'Ring trips this year, I've got a few good deals so they're pretty cheap for a long weekend away ;)

OMG them Lupos look well cute and even more so done up. Heh heh good work, respect due!

Cheers! 7 days until project 'completion' :eek:

Well done Ian in Getting the Arosa GT-R ready for your latest assault on Nordscliefe you really are turning into the ringmeister a great performance on track and once again a very informative and interesting read ...

I Too would like to know the history behind the duck i think its either a lucky mascot
or he does'nt like eating alone you really should get out more LOL !!!!

Last edited:
Splendid result Ian me ol' mate!!

Well done on an excellent project 'turn around' from start to finish and a cracking lap of the ring - very impressive given those treacherous conditions! :)

A nice sporty engine note I noticed too... :D

Cheers,

Darren

Do you have the A2 videos without the music? I want to hear three-pots thrum not questionable rock music!
I'll have a look mate, must have the original footage somewhere.. think I dubbed the music over to mask the conversations we were having..!

Well done Ian in Getting the Arosa GT-R ready for your latest assault on Nordscliefe you really are turning into the ringmeister a great performance on track and once again a very informative and interesting read ...

I Too would like to know the history behind the duck i think its either a lucky mascot
or he does'nt like eating alone you really should get out more LOL !!!!
Thanks Carl, I noticed your post on SCN too! The duck thing started in 2005 on a very drunken evening, and every trip now has to feature an appearance of the duck! I'll dig out some other 'duck moments' from the past for you ;)

Good to see that Poject-Arousing-Ian has been a success; I'm amazed how quick you got to the 'ring considering your stop! Was it easy to cruise at 3-figures or did you have to relax a bit?

The 'ring lap looks great, and I'd love to hear about the Duck...
You kind of get used to the noise, and once we reached the autobahns we certainly stepped the pace up.. ~110-120mph :eek:

I think I'm gonna have to expand on this duck thing a bit!

Splendid result Ian me ol' mate!!

Well done on an excellent project 'turn around' from start to finish and a cracking lap of the ring - very impressive given those treacherous conditions!

A nice sporty engine note I noticed too... :D

Cheers,

Darren
Thanks mate, you'll have to have a ride.. should be at Oulton Park in April so you, and anyone else who wants to is certainly welcome to pop along for an Arousing Experience :eek:

Back