I wanted to Replace Somba lambda sensor

ElishaPrincess

I wanted to change my lamba sensor but I'm not sure which model I have 1.4 gasoline 75hp

Screenshot_2023-07-26-23-38-20-153_de.autodoc.gmbh.jpg

Yes, those are the ones. I very recently replaced both so if you need any help just shout.

Didn't know NGK made EGR valves, it is a good price... people reported bad results with non-original ones not manufactured by Pierburg but also very expensive to buy.

Last edited:
A tip right off the bat. Invest in oxygen sensor socket tool before you begin, it will make your life easier.

61bWsu-ozPL.__AC_SX300_SY300_QL70_ML2_.jpg

Yes, those are the ones. I very recently replaced both so if you need any help just shout.

Didn't know NGK made EGR valves, it is a good price... people reported bad results with non-original ones manufactured by Pierburg but also very expensive to buy.
Thank you bro for the reply

Can u send the link?
You can find them in most hardware stores (probably the place you are buying sensor from has them), or just search for "oxygen sensor socket" on Amazon. Sensor can be a bitch to remove so spray it well with penetrating oil first and pray for the best. Mine luckily wasn't too stubborn.

You can find them in most hardware stores (probably the place you are buying sensor from has them), or just search for "oxygen sensor socket" on Amazon. Sensor can be a bitch to remove so spray it well with penetrating oil first and pray for the best. Mine luckily wasn't too stubborn.
This is very sound advice. The sensor can be frozen immovably in place. I tried penetrating oil and very careful coaxing to get mine to move. It eventually started rotating but it was literally tearing itself out of the catalyser, along with the threaded portion. This left a gaping jagged hole which was irreparable. Luckily I had a spare used catalyser, but a simple sensor change became a major operation to change over the catalyser.

Back