Ideas on a case for keyfob

Rich.

A2OC Donor
Lucky me managed to have the car robbed tonight while at work :(

I some how pressed the unlock button on the keyfob, and because the car was not too far away in the staff car park it managed to attract the local kids. The security spotted the kids around the car and got all the items off them but they got away some note monnnnies.

No damage was done but I think I need to get some kind of small case that I can keep the keys safe in so they can't be accidentally pressed. Any ideas? They also mentioned that you really need to get a louder alarm system! Lol

Is it possible to code the car so that if you do press the unlock button by accident and it opens the windows, after the 2 or so minutes of it being unlocked it locks the car and also shuts all the windows?

Last edited:
Is it possible to code the car so that if you do press the unlock button by accident and it opens the windows, after the 2 or so minutes of it being unlocked it locks the car and also shuts all the windows?
No but there is the following way: You can program it, that it only opens the drivers door when pressing the buttom once.
When pressing a socond time, it opens the rest of the car.
Could help, if they don't try to open any door, e.g. just the rear doors, which still would be closed.

You've hit on a problem there Richard and it's one that I've thought about since I woke up to find Tanks windows open!

What we need is another button on the reverse side of the fob. This button (a safety catch really) needs to be pressed as well as the unlock button, so if it were directly opposite the unlock button, you'd naturally press both together with your finger and thumb when you want to unlock the car, but when in your pocket, it would be impossible to squeeze them together and so the car couldn't be accidentally unlocked.

I know this doesn't help in practical terms, but if you need the car reprogramming to stop the windows opening, I can do this for you.

Cheers,

Mike

Just one point Chris - OpenSky does not open or close as the windows do by holding down the lock/unlock button.

It can be closed, but only by putting the key in the door lock and twisting and holding it in the lock position.

Cheers,

Mike

If you think thats bad - one of the guys in my old office got one of the new hard top 3 series BMW's and managed to come out of work to find he'd sat on his keys and his new car with lovely cream leather interior was now full for water ;)

Laughed - I did!

PaddyS

Back