IMPORTANT: New A2 Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart_D

Past Member
As part of the ongoing A2OC improvements and growth, we are currently investigating the possibility of replacing this forum with a newer updated version (not Snitz). The new forum software is a considerable improvement over this one and would provide greater standard features and improved useability with many new features for the you and for me such as statistics which are currently not available on this forum without modifications.

If we go ahead with the change, there is the remote possibility of some downtime in the next couple of weeks during the transition but I will keep you informed of when this is likely to be and as before the A2OC website will contain updates if the forum does go down.

There will be no change to the address of the forum.

It is our intention to move over all existing posts and usernames to the new forum so that no information is lost and nor will you need to re-register.

If you have any questions or suggestions, please let me know!

Stuart.

2001 TDi SE | Cobalt Blue Metallic | Open Sky Roof | Kenwood Mask CD | Front Centre Armrest
www.Audi-A2.co.uk | www.A2Forum.net

Just do it, I like that new type forum very well...

Some think I am genius,
Others just can't think...

Use PhpBB2, its a beautiful forum and very very easy to setup, transition should be very simple and downtime should be minimal as its a 5 min setup job and about 10-20mins total to get everything all done including transition, settings will take possible 10 mins max after depending on your familiarity with BB setups.

Only this is does your host suport PHP and MYSQL, if not u will have to look at another ASP solution and they are not too pretty since almost all popular BB forums are based on PHP.

1.4SE petrol 2001, Dark interior, Sat cloth, Brilliant Silver, 3 spoke Steering wheel, Rear electric windows and Panasonic MR555 stereo, Panasonic 8CD changer, 10 speakers (2 extra 13" 190 watt each.)

1.4TDiSE 2002, Biege interior, Brilliant Black, Concert II.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back