Induction kit fitted 1.6 fsi

scott

A2OC Donor
[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
I have fitted the induction kit my self, I have noticed improved performance and "GREAT" sound. But in the pictures (if they are up first time doing this, not sure if it worked) you can see that the intake hose is slightly crushed a bit, this is because I cut the standard air box hose to use it for now, it had to much of a bend so I tried to straighten it the best I could by warming it up with a hot air gun, it worked but not as good as I had hoped.

So would any one no where i could get a hose made? I need it longer aswell so it sits behind the headlight a bit more. Also would anyone no where I can get some heat sheilding from?.

Thanks

scott

FIRST OF MANY MODS!

Last edited:
Oh yes, just to say thanks to john-wingnutt for the idea, and my brother in law for getting an induction kit on his mk5 golf r32 loved the sound so had to do it!

Last edited:
Hey Scott, interesting mod :D, is it not going to suck up water then?

Like the red colour!:)

Personally, I like things to be symmetrical, I mean doesn't it look a litle odd with just one intake on one side?... maybe it's just me mate, ignore me :p

Well Done, what else is on your list of 'many mods' then? :D

Cheers

SARGE

Not to sure about the water problem yet, I just hope not:)
I have thought the same thing about putting one the other side but they are £25 each! and the other side would'nt reach so would be pointless.

Next mods are

Custom made sports cat exhaust system with twin back box (the same as the audi rs4 or tt, will have to see what looks better) but the exhaust will be nearly silent it's their for performance and looks, i love the sound of the induction kit alone

The new pulstar puls plug spark plugs 10x powerfull than standard sparkplugs

Then a stage 2 superchip

And Im not in a rush but i want to lower it and get some better brake disks and pads:):):):)

Non enclosed system make a "nice" noise, but they suck hot air from the engine bay, despite of the "ram air" pipe. So in the end, you'll even maybe loose some bhp's...

As Fbi said your gonna be sucking a lot of hot air.

If you noticed with mine, my system was enclose in a plastic housing which fitted directly to the ram pipe so it only got cold air.

Have you put any mesh at the front end of the ram pipe?? You dont want any bits of debris flying into your engine bay!!!

Check this link out for heat shields:

http://www.green-filter.co.uk/index.php?cPath=634_657

John

No I haven't put any mesh their yet but will do because to day I noticed a lot of dead fly's stuck to the air filter!:D. I'm hoping to get a longer tube so it fits further behind the the headlight and get a heat shield so thanks for the link will get one asap. But I haven't noticed a decrease in performance only a small increase so hopefully the heat shield and extended intake pipe will help even more.

thanks for your help

Scott

It's impossible to objectively notice so little increase (or decrease) in performance, I mean 1-3 bhp at a given rpm or over a rpm range.
But what you may feel is that the engine revs "more freely".

On a cold day I have noticed a big increase in performance I beat a 1.8 merc in a race!. Warm days theres a bit of lag but once up to speed the car feels a lot faster.I am in the process of making a heat sheild box to maximise cool air, and have put a deposit down on a polished metal intake tube to replace the "bodged" plastic intake tube.

Also at the same time the new twin performance exhausts will be fitted
(rs4 style);) will put pictures up next month once its done:)

Back