Insurance Premiums

Status
Not open for further replies.

abre

What kind of prices are being paid for insurance, I've just been quoted £328 by Audi insurance, I do 18,000 miles and have 10 yrs NCD, does this sound reasonable?

Andrew - 2003 1.4 TDI Silver Climate

I have paid £210 with £20 cashback after 28 days, this is with norwich union direct. I have 6 years ncd ,bonus is protected,and i do 5000 miles a year. liverpool/victoria quoted £220 with any miles. I would shop around a bit more. (good luck)

2003 se tdi ebony black, black leather,sky,dis,lumber,climate , w-pack, 5 spoke alloys

Ouch!!! Norwich Union Direct just quoted £550

Mine is due in a few weeks so ive been shopping around.

9 Years No claims...It must be protected No claims.
No convictions of any kind.
Parked on driveway at night : car park at work
12000 miles a year

More Than £414
AA £427
Churchill £417
Eagal Star £416
Privilege £367
Direct Line (my current Insurance Company) Still to send a renewal notice :(

FINALY got renweal £350 so no need to change this year :)

Lee and Sheridan,
TDI SE, Dolphin Grey,
Original Audi 6 CD Changer (Fitted in proper location by me)

Try HASTINGS Insurance. They are a broker and available on 0800 for free call. I pay £300 full no cliams protected doing 10K a year with business use included. Every person I have put onto Hastings has saved money. I come under a city postcode so there is a penalty to pay for this despite my car being garaged overnight.

When I had my Audi Cab four years ago I paid £550 with Direct Line the switch to Hastings saved me over £250 :D - and it only went up incrementally in line with other companies annually after that.

Give them a call - what have you got to lose ;)

Regards - The Foghorn

2001 TDI SE Atantic Blue, Open Sky, 16" 6 spoke alloys, Satellite cloth & space box system. The "Dogs Twitchers"

Due to the fact ive only been driving a few years and because im only 20 I have to pay £1200 with a £500 excess.

2002, 1.4, azure blue, 2 tone leather, concert II single cd. Member of A2OC site.

God thats one hell of a premium,and excess Mal, mine must be cheap because i'm an old codger.

2003 se tdi ebony black, black leather,sky,dis,lumber,climate , w-pack, 5 spoke alloys

Im hoping as I build up my no claims it will get better (hopefully), only have 1 at the moment.

It's a £300 cheaper for me to insure the Audi then my last car Ford Fiesta !!

2002, 1.4, azure blue, 2 tone leather, concert II single cd. Member of A2OC site.

That's a lot of money, I was quoted £370 and I have no no claims (always been insured on my wifes in the past). I guess it's because I was/am an old fogey at 31!

That quote was before I bullied Audi into giving me the free insurance, even though I wasn't in the qualifying period :)

Audi A2 1.4SE
Build Wk40/2002 | OpenSky | Azure Blue | Climate | DIS | APS | Lumbar | Rear Drinks Holder

London will always be London I think... I have 5 years No Claims protected for life (that was £120 for the year and I am still not sure if I should have done that...) and the quote itself was just under £600 from Eagle Star... London to blame I guess...

and iPAQ 3970 with Sat-Nav sleeve

Ade</u> That was the best quote,the worst I had was £6000 from Direct Line. Funnily enough I never took them up on their offer :D

Mmmm... Thank you all for the feedback, I've still got a few more to try, but Audi still on top at the moment, I will let you know how I get on.

Try here, http://www.endsleigh.co.uk/ my quote was £2391, with no ncd on an X reg petrol A2, and i am 19. btw doesnt Tdi insurance cost more, when my tdi was being insured the quote was about £100 more, not sure of exact price needless to say it was insured with my dad as 1st driver lol dont fancy the £5000 premium for both.

1.4SE petrol 2001, Dark interior, Sat cloth, Brilliant Silver, 3 spoke Steering wheel, Rear electric windows and Panasonic MR555 stereo, Panasonic 8CD changer, 10 speakers (2 extra 13" 190 watt each.)

1.4TDiSE 2002, Biege interior, Brilliant Black, Concert II.

Everybody here should try Tesco insurance, especially the younger people. In my experience they are by far the cheapest.

FACtOR, I think you are right about theTDI upping the premium, but I find my biggest problem is the industry I work in (broadcast TV), causes all insurance companies to froth at the mouth, as they think I will be giving lifts to the stars, and drinking lots etc etc. If only they knew the truth, long hours, no stars and drink, what's that???

£280 per year for a TDI, for me & the wife, with 2 claims in the last 2 years with Direct line.

I can't complain at that.

CB

I'll go with that £290 any driver and business use by me and wifie. Eagle Star

icon_smile_cool.gif

I have gone sub £200 this yr with Egg!!! Finally all my little bumps and knocks in the company car have been forgotten.

S

Try - http://www.its4me.co.uk/

They quoted me £370 for -

March 2003 A2 tdi Sport value with extras @ £20K.
No discount for alarm or being garaged, yet to be accounted for
With 1 extra named driver both drivers over 30
60% NCD
No points or offences
With business use
Living in a semi dodgy post code
Legal cover
£100 excess

Price includes tax and direct debit payments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back