Interior Condensation - Help

Gexx

Hi all,

I have just started getting condensation inside the car which is a TDi 90 with climate.

I am getting a diagonal lines of condensation on the front windscreen from the bottom corners of the windscreen to the centre of the windscreen. The lines are about 4-5 inches long and are quite large droplets.

I have also noticed the rear windscreen can get slightly misted too.

There is no condensation on the side windows or any misting.

What's going on!

Look for water near the battery or watrer from the climate system (in the front passengers footwell.

And it would help to clean the inside of the front window carefully, best using Nanomaterials. (as for the out side)

In the cold weather the compressor turns itself off (I think below 5 DegC) so condensation can form in such circs in the areas you mention. Equally if you run on circulated air in damp weather.

Ok - so no water in the passenger footwell or in the battery compartment!

I did have a new windscreen fitted by Audi about 6 months ago - but as this happens both in rainy weather and dry, I do not think it is a leak through the windscreen!

Then you must have less than 4 degrees;)
Than no climate is working. But here in Berlin Germany the last weeks we had allmost 6 or more degrees:D So I did not thuoght of that.

I had a lot of condensation in my car when I first had it. I found about 5cm of water sloshing around in the boot! Audi sorted it under warranty. They replaced the rubber seal around the hatch and changed some grommits behind the bumper.

I had a lot of condensation in my car when I first had it. I found about 5cm of water sloshing around in the boot! Audi sorted it under warranty. They replaced the rubber seal around the hatch and changed some grommits behind the bumper.

This is a well known problem. Thats why I pointed to water near the battery;) (could have been)

Turns out the windscreen was not fitted correctly - so there was some slight water ingress at the bottom. I made them refit a genuine audi windscreen.

Problem resolved

Last edited:
If it's both sides that are wet, the windscreen is almost certainly the cuplrit - the chances of both door seals going is minimal.

Cheers,

Mike

Back