Interior lights broken

James23

Hi there, as per title really, none of them will turn on (the courtesy or reading lights) i suspect a fuse has gone, checked all the fuses that were labelled interior lights in the fuse box and they were all fine. any ideas?
cheers guys

I get this problem with the rear lights. Played about with the rocker switch and they (eventually) came on. Now they are off again! Could be a faulty PCB/switch perhaps?

If the fuses and bulbs are OK then it may be a faulty central convenience unit. I'm not 100% sure but suspect this controls the power to the interior lights both in auto mode and when they are manually turned on with the rocker switches. If you have access to VagCom, it's worth doing a diagnostic scan.

Cheers Spike

i think i broke it putting a bulb in when it was switched on ... :eek: stupid i know.
no access to vag com unfortunately :/
will triple check these fuses again tomorrow or this weekend.

Rear lights

Had the similar problem in my car.
Sorted it out by (re)soldering all the pins of connector on PCB.

Cheers

Hi. I had this problem and fixed it myself: Humidity had corroded som soldering points at the units print. Very visible. i cleaned with little brush and alcohol the sealed with some paint (clear) . humidity comes from inner ceiling when temp changes. The unit is easy to take apart:)

Jussi

Just like Jossi said, corroded PCB connector soldering points due to humidity.
Yes, you'll need to take the unit apart and resolder every soldering point on PCB, not just connector pins. (Just to be sure it works fine)
It's easy to dismantle, but if you need some guide, I can put up some pics.

Cheers

Back