Intermit loss of power part2

Marco77

I recently posted a problem i was having with my A2 regarding it going into some sort of limp (get you home) mode, which was happening intermittedly but seems to be happening 2 - 3 on a journey nowcompared to once every week or two.

I scouered the forum and seen another member had the same problem due to a sensor however when i run vagcom nothing is showing for faults only my current fault with Climate control.

So on further inspection (actually got under that bonnet when technically speaking) i looked at the Intercooler and at the very bottom it looks as if you can see right through the little grill bits and where the bottom hose connects is all grubby with oil.

Could this be were my fault lies??

How much are new intercoolers?? and are they easy to replace DIY as by looking at it, it looks a big job as its tucked away behind the front crossbeam.

Any info would be great

Hi Marco
The problem could a split intercooler. MJS 4x4 had a similar problem with the engine going into 'limp home mode' when the turbo was working hard. Switching the engine off and on would give a temporary fix - see link for more info
http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7883
Sorry I dont know how much a new intercooler costs but before splashing out on a new one, do a few checks to make sure its definitely the cooler at fault.

Cheers Spike

Well finally bit the bullet and booked the car into Lomond Audi for a check
Turns out its my turbo thats the problem and even bigger problem is that the cost of repair is going to be £1071 :eek: the service assistant said he got a bit off the price but its a hell of a lot i think.

I Think the A2 will be getting traded in :(

Back