Is it really a Storm model??

Draggon

A2OC Donor
Hi All, hoping you can help?

I have just been asked by a potential buyer if our car is a Storm model....I always assumed it was...its yellow, has all of the traits that denote a Storm (seats etc) but on all the docs we have it never says Storm...just 1.6 FSi Se etc.

Howe would I really know....should it say on log book?
I have the servicing docs but none of them say Storm (even the ones from Audi)

Any ideas ?

Open the boot lift the floor panel to expose the battery look to the right and there should be a sticker stuck to the rear of the plastic insert that holds the tools etc. it will have a load of codes and the chassis no etc of the car ...check the Paint codes and let us know..

ULP

A2OC Donor
colour.storm was a spec option (like heated seats, cruise, leather etc) rather than a specific model; as such in theory retro-fitting all the right goodies makes them a colour.storm in the same sense as retro fitting leather on an A2 makes an A2 with leather!

It probably has a unique spec code in the front cover service book but as said, the two paint codes will cover it.

Draggon

A2OC Donor
colour.storm was a spec option (like heated seats, cruise, leather etc) rather than a specific model; as such in theory retro-fitting all the right goodies makes them a colour.storm in the same sense as retro fitting leather on an A2 makes an A2 with leather!

It probably has a unique spec code in the front cover service book but as said, the two paint codes will cover it.
Hmmm I have never had the original log book..... when we bought it in 2009 I had to contact Audi who confirmed they could see logs for servicing on their system....probably not helping my cause.
Need to find that sticker...wherever it is.

Draggon

A2OC Donor
Disater averted, just had a good chat with an Audi rep over Fb Messenger. They can see our car on their records and apprently it came off factory floor as a Storm Variant. Apprently I can go into any Audi and they can print it off for me ( I also kept a copy of the messenger chat transcript)
Phew...its official....we have a real Storm :)....unless one of you bursts my happy bubble :)