Juddering..

DavidS

I have an A2 1.4Tdi 90 which has developed a 'juddering' when accelerating. It is most noticeable when accelerating between 50-60 mph. When I disengage the clutch and keep the revs up there is no juddering. There is also an occasional knock under the car which is intermittent - more noticable at lower speeds, forward and reverse. The car was serviced at a local Audi dealer (55,000 miles variable service - at a jaw dropping £121 hour labour. I am reluctant to return to the dealer in fear of a further 'rip-off' - anyone any ideas before I do seek there advice....

The juddering is most likely to be the clutch or the balance unit playing up. It's not likely that the clutch is on it's way out, but TDi 90 clutches have been known to be replaced early due to mechanical failure (mine was done at 35k miles!).

The knocking could be a number of things, ranging from drop links, to ARB bushes to suspension bearings.

Cheers,

Mike

i think anyone with a tdi 90 with a mechanical problem should sell imediately to me, particularly any sport models in red!
i can pay cash if really cheap;)

Sounds very like all my symptoms - dial mass flywheel/clutch fell to pieces. Like Skipton mine's also a TDI90, and was all changed out at around 35k miles.

Alan

Back