just bought one

andyboy

went to view a 1.4se today not far from me, to be honest i had decided i wanted a sport so it was just a looky really.
car is silver with one lady owner, 53/03, audi fsh including a folder of invoices mot's etc, not mint but nice honest condition, 65k miles commuting.
i'm a cash buyer and got a serious reduction helped by the fact that i really wanted another model, should collect tomorrow am.
well happy.

3 questions, do they have an alarm /imobiliser factory fitted?
when is cambelt time, book said 80k miles?
are the sport wheels really tt alloys?

went to view a 1.4se today not far from me, to be honest i had decided i wanted a sport so it was just a looky really.
car is silver with one lady owner, 53/03, audi fsh including a folder of invoices mot's etc, not mint but nice honest condition, 65k miles commuting.
i'm a cash buyer and got a serious reduction helped by the fact that i really wanted another model, should collect tomorrow am.
well happy.

3 questions, do they have an alarm /imobiliser factory fitted?
when is cambelt time, book said 80k miles?
are the sport wheels really tt alloys?
Great stuff - I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Answers to the questions:

Yes, all A2s have a Thatcham Category 1 alarm & immobiliser as standard.

The cambelt can go as far as 80K miles, but doing it at 60k is prudent.

No, the sport 9-spoke wheels are A3 wheels, as the TTs were all 18" diameter.

Cheers,

Mike

Just to claify ULPs post, the 9-spoke wheels fitted to the A2 Sport models are NOT TT wheels and were never fitted to the TT.

They are in fact A3 wheels (old style A3) and are 8L part numbers. The dimensions are 17 X 7J with an ET (offset) of 38mm. To be honest, they are not the strongest of wheels when fitted with the standard A2 tyre of 205/40 size - I had a set from new which were all buckled by 25k miles! I replaced them with TT wheels, which seem to be far more robust.

Cheers,

Mike

regarding those sport wheels, i see lots of replicas on ebay at good prices, has anyone used these? 17's would do me just fine rather than 18's. i'm sure i will have to source a set before too long.
can anyone recommend a supplier and correct tyre size?
(sorry i know this isn't the wheel forum)

Believe it or not Chris, the Audi rings on the inspection flap are unique to the A2!!! They are different to the TT ones, probably due to curvature.

Andyboy, don't bother with 18" wheels - you'll have to use tyres the thickness of rubber bands to ensure no rubbing. 17" is the biggest diameter that can give decent comfort and the good aftermarket ones are fine to use.

Montys Wheels regularly get good comments from Audi Driver magazine readers, so see what they have for you.

Be aware that the A2 uses a 100mm stud diameter, which was only used on the TT and 8L A3 Audis, all others using 112mm, so your choice of genuine wheels will be limited.

Cheers,

Mike

thanks everyone for help and positive comments, here's looking forward to tomorrow.
i'm off to montys wheels:)

Back