Just replaced consoles with Polo versions, with front wishbones - tracking check needed?

Tobester

Hi all,

I'm slowly working to get my 1.6 F(S)I ship-shape and have a question on suspension. I had the front wishbones replaced yesterday, which also needed consoles too as bolts were seized, so after looking through the forum got hold of some appropriate Polo ones.

All fitted now (and drives very comfortably I must say!) but the garage recommended getting the tracking checked as they wanted to be doubly-sure (which is good!). Trouble is, I'm due to drive down to Poole from Bristol tomorrow and struggling to get it in to the tracking place today prior. Anyone have any experience of using Polo consoles and if they needed tracking? Don't want to immediate trash my the decent tyres I currently have! :p

Many thanks.

Has the steering wheel position altered going straight ahead?

You can check alignment with 2 axle stands and some string (kite string works well)

Has the steering wheel position altered going straight ahead?

You can check alignment with 2 axle stands and some string (kite string works well)
No, all good and straight. The garage was concerned simply because the consoles weren't A2 specific, being belt and braces - I'm happy to have the tracking done and have booked it in for Monday (after my wee trip :rolleyes:) - just being a bit paranoid about the tyre wear in the meantime lol

Sounds like it's being repaired with care but tracking/wheel alignment is never a bad idea to check, doubt one trip will have much impact on potential uneven tyre wear

Back