Keep me covered, I'm going in! ARB

chb

Having a go at fixing the anti roll bar on my 1.6FSI 2003 tomorrow.
Have the fingerless gloves (its frickin freezing!) bought and the Polo part number. Wish me luck.
CHB out!

coil spring!

oh b****r...not anti roll bar at all. One of the coils has gone at the drivers side. Howeasy is that to do?

Coils are the most difficult part to change - drivers side the trickiest!

You'll need to remove the full suspension strut and have spring compressors to do the job safely. It also involves removing the brake reservoir and most of the air intake tubing to gain access to the top bolts.

Good luck!

Cheers

Mike

Coils are the most difficult part to change - drivers side the trickiest!

You'll need to remove the full suspension strut and have spring compressors to do the job safely. It also involves removing the brake reservoir and most of the air intake tubing to gain access to the top bolts.

Good luck!

Cheers

Mike

Hi Mike,

Been thinking of doing a suspension upgrade to Koni FSD in the future. On my copy of ELSAWIN it says:

"Additional steps are necessary when removing the left-side suspension strut."

Just wondering if this is referring to the brake reservoir and air intake tubing and if so then I assume this is written as the left (passenger side) on ELSA because it is referring to German left-hand drive?

Cheers,

Martin.

I think thats a safe assumption. Looking at my A2 it's definately the drivers side that has all the obstructions.
Just out of interest I would welcome any specific info on coil springs for the 1.6FSI SE. After reading posts on here, I had hoped to buy Spidan springs from either GSF or Eurocarparts. Neither of these companies thought that spidan made springs for the A2, and in fact neither company could supply coil springs for my car. The only source I could find was Audi themselves!

If anyone has links or accurate up to date info or replacement springs for the 1.6FSI SE (without lowering the height) then please add it to here.

Back