Key cloning

Evening,

For information there is 2 revisions of the remote half of the key fob, which one you require is determined busy your CCCU.

A single lettered revision CCCU 8Z0959433Q or similar requires this key fob part number:

8Z0837231

A double lettered revision CCCU 8Z0959433AF or similar requires the key fob part number:

8Z0837231D

There are quite a few members on here who have the ability to obtain the Secret Key Code who are well rehearsed in doing this for members. I only did this recently for a local member who required a second key for his Son’s new-to-him A2.

If you’re ever passing J22 on the M1 then I’m just 5 minutes from the said junction and would be more than happy to help out. I could easily have you on your way after 5 minutes with the MacBook plugged into your A2.

Edit: I think there is someone in Trowbridge who could possibly help out with the necessary software to do this for you.

Kind regards,

Tom

Hi, just got my A2 but only got one key is it possible to get the key cloned so I've got a spare?

TIA
Rich
Hello Rich, as indicated Tom is the expert and has published some very detailed information on this forum on how to do key cloning. I have managed this cloning and because I have the infamous locking issue on the driver's door always carry two keys. It is indepth and includes how to program the transponder that is in the key. You also need a K lead and software to extract the vehicle PIN. If you don't have the time and hardware/ software probably worth asking Tom.
Ray

Hi Rich,

If you do manage to get hold of the necessary software and hardware which Ray @yarmon1 above suggests then the coding process is very simplistic if followed to the letter from the guide complied by Steve @Birchall:

Hopefully this helps out. If not and you’re heading north on the M1 anytime soon then drop in and I’ll sort this for you.

Kind regards,

Tom

Reactions: Ami
Hi Rich,

Is it possible to get the key cloned so I've got a spare?
Yes, additional keys are definitely possible. I think Audi’s price is circa £300, but the same result can be achieved for a small fraction of that via various routes.

Should you wish to learn to do this yourself, there's plenty of information available above. However, should you wish to have a simple, low-effort solution, I’ve cut and programmed hundreds of keys for A2s and can easily and cheaply supply an addition key for your A2.

You can get an overview of the A2 services that I offer in this thread...

I am, however, about to depart for Central Europe...

I am travelling with all the necessary tools to programme additional keys and install cruise control, as I'll be doing these jobs on a few continental A2s. Upon my return to the UK in October, I'll therefore have everything needed to supply and programme an additional key to your A2, and would be able to meet you somewhere on my drive back home from Dover, should that suit you.

All the best,

Tom

Hi Rich,

Yes, additional keys are definitely possible. I think Audi’s price is circa £300, but the same result can be achieved for a small fraction of that via various routes.

Should you wish to learn to do this yourself, there's plenty of information available above. However, should you wish to have a simple, low-effort solution, I’ve cut and programmed hundreds of keys for A2s and can easily and cheaply supply an addition key for your A2.

You can get an overview of the A2 services that I offer in this thread...

I am, however, about to depart for Central Europe...

I am travelling with all the necessary tools to programme additional keys and install cruise control, as I'll be doing these jobs on a few continental A2s. Upon my return to the UK in October, I'll therefore have everything needed to supply and programme an additional key to your A2, and would be able to meet you somewhere on my drive back home from Dover, should that suit you.

All the best,

Tom
Hi, Tom. That's great I'm in Andover on the A303.

Anyone point us to where the software is available ? please.
Hello Bernie,

There are a few different solutions to obtaining the SKC for this type of task. For anyone to give a full-up correct response you should probably first let us know what IT and cable type you already have at your disposal.

I personally use 2 iterations of software (same cable/lead) and as such choose depending on what laptop I have nearest me when coding keys or playing with instrument clusters in the garage (bench testing).

Kind regards,

Tom

Last edited:
Update , read the eeprom with Vag commander 1.9, got the correct vin and mileage hopefully the 4 digit login too,but says its an
Audi A6/S6 ? Any thoughts ??

Just out of interest, can anyone recommend a supplier for a replacement key/remote? I ordered one recently from ebay and it turned out to be faulty. Now I can't find any! Thanks to @2work I do have a working key now so it's just the remote bit that I need.

Back