Kitchen tap

OK this is not in any way A2 related, but neither is this particular forum, so here goes. I need some help with this problem with my kitchen monobloc tap with swivel spout, it needs new O rings where the swivel spout attaches to the body. The tap is allegedly a Tapmate Futura. The service sheet shows a screw at the back to stop the spout pulling out, but true to the law of Dr Sodt, mine has no screw! I am told that it fits in like a light bulb i.e.push it down and twist it out, but it clearly can't be pushed down so that's a non runner. I am also told have the spout facing you, turn it 90 degrees and pull it out against the resistance of a sprung loaded ball. That doesn't work. Any one out there know what to do next or have a relation who is a plumber who might know. In my current disabled state crawling about underneath the sink is a no no so I can't remove it to the bench where brute force and ignorance rule the day.
Sorry if this is so far unrelated to A2 as to be on another planet, but it's bugging me 'cos it must be something simple, so please forgive me.

(Spike-thanks for bringing my post to hollrescues attention!)

HR-
I had a mixer tap that did the same, with water gushing from where the swivel joins the base. Mine had no screw, I only had to move the tap 45 degrees either way (if the tap was vertical to the horizontal base), or on a clock face, either quarter to or quater past.

By doing this, a lug on the tap lined up with a cut out in the base and I could wiggle the spout away. Not easy as it has to be a tight fit.

Failing that it will have to be a plumber!

Hi runboy and hollyrescue
You'r both making me feel like a rep from Friends Reunited.

Cheers Spike

Thinks - must have a word with Ben about pegging runboy's postal count otherwise no-one will ever break his record

Runboy. thanks, that's what I was told, I'll have to wriggle and pull more (as the actress said to the Bishop). I suppose it's logical really but it's nice to have confirmation. It's difficult if you only have gigital watch.

Thanks folks, especially Runboy. I've done it. The official spares kit didn't fit and my box of 1000 O rings didn't have exactly the right sizes, but it's OK. I like the fact that there is help out there for things other than A2.

Back