large diesel tank for A2 1.2 3L

Is there anyone who knows if a 34 litters diesel tank will fit on a A2 1.2 3L?

Is the gasoline tank the same as the diesel?

Regards
Michael hansen
Denmark

Thanks
I did not think so, but if did, it would be easier for me to find a gasoline tank in DK, I still would like to know if the 34 litters diesel tank will fit to my 3L with 21 litters tank.

Regards
Michael Hansen

I'm not sure if this applies to the 1.2 TDi but on the 1.4 diesels Audi also re-routed the exhaust system to accommodate the larger fuel tank.

Cheers Spike

I've said it before on these pages - just buy 2 x 5litre fuel cans and keep them in the boot if you need the extra capacity.

It's about £300 cheaper than getting a larger tank fitted and a heck of a lot easier.

Cheers,

Mike

Yes that’s write but it don’t make it go longer between the fuel stations, without some extra work, with the fuel cans.
All I want to know is if can be don without to many problems?

Regards
Michael

Yes that’s write but it don’t make it go longer between the fuel stations, without some extra work, with the fuel cans.
All I want to know is if can be don without to many problems?

Regards
Michael

Well then, the short answer is no - there will be a great many problems to overcome!

Cheers,

Mike

34 litre tank option - 1.2 TDI

I have 34 litre tank on my 1.2 TDI - a no charge factory fit option for German market.

Perhaps it is possible just to exchange a 22 litre tank for 34 litre tank removed from a 1.2 or 1.4 TDI car - without replacing any other major parts such as exhaust?

No doubt a few hours checking the A2 family parts lists for part number changes would confirm this..............otherwise, Skipton's advise to carry 20 litre fuel can in back of car simplest solution!

Ciao,

Erling

Back