Leather Care

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any advice on leather cleaning / care products? We wll soon have three cars with leather interiors and will need so need to look after them. The Honda is starting to look grubby after 15k miles in six months.

Ian

2002 1.4 Petrol SE, silver with climate control for SWMBO (1.4 Petrol SE, Ebony Black, grey leather, heated seats, climate, opensky, five spoke alloys on order) Honda Accord Tourer 2.2 iCDTi for me.

saddle soap is excellent. go to your local riding shop and find some. there'll be some other leather care products too, like the "grease" - this is excellent, but it's stinky and you'll need to leave it 24-36 hours for it to literally sink in.

saddle soap works simply: damp sponge, over the soap, then over your leather. works a treat. but test it first!!!!

Bret

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
2002, Petrol 1.4, 17", sports suspension, OpenSky, leather / alcantara in iceblue

I've always been very impressed with Autoglym products.

Does saddle soap have a strong smell? Or is that just the horses ;)

2004 1.4 TDi (90) SE, Cobalt Blue, Climate control, Cruise control, DIS, Sport seats, Winter pack, Symphony II.

I used to treat the leather in my Opel(vauxhall) Vectra with a cleaner first and then with a conditioner. It always restored that nice leather smell. It is twice the amount of work though...
I think the brand was Valma.

Dennis de Held

Amulet Red 1.4 Tdi

I tend to go for the Autoglym products too. They have never let me down, whether it be leather care, windscreen polish, bodywork polish or alloy wheel cleaner. Excellent![8D]

Sept 2001 registered A2 1.4 SE in Crystal Blue metallic, Open Sky Roof, Climate, 'Symphony' 6 CD radio & tape, Bose sound system, curtain airbags.

i got to use the autoglym "paint renovator" at the weekend. i'm not impressed, it's not agressive enough for what i needed (my sisterinlaw's door after a losing battle with a fence post). the bumper stuff is good tho. might try the resin polish / superglosswotsit as my car's now clean for the first time in months...:)

saddle soap itself doesn't smell much. the horses don't really either... IMHO .. but then we used to live next to a stable...

Bret

2002, Petrol 1.4, 17", sports suspension, OpenSky, leather / alcantara in iceblue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back