Leather Interior Re-Trim??

PaulA2

I have been after leather interior for a while and after seeing the ebay ad would consider sourcing a kit and retrimming my self. I have an a2 sport and the seat bolster has squashed a little so would like to replace at the same time.

The same people on ebay want 550 plus vat for a kit to retrim myself which seems a little pricey?

Many thanks in advance for any help!

Paul

Why not let them do the job (it's not easy you know) and then if it's not perfect, you have better redress.

Cheers,

Mike

Mike,

the problem is that this particular comapny is too far away really. I would prefer someone else to do it at the right price.

I have had to strip down and rebuild seats before (audi recaros in my a4) so thought would be a job I could attempt!

TBH I have never really looked for a retrim, but with breakers of a2s with leather being hard to come by I would consider this option.

No idea where near me (Wiltshire) that would do it!

Paul

There is a guy on several forums - username Porsche Trimmer or similar - he is on the south I think maybe hampshire - cant quite remember now - has done some fantastic work on Beetles. Usually find him on evvo.co.uk / newbeetle.org.uk / oxfordedition.co.uk. He might be able to help.

Thanks for the info SK! Found him on one of the forums, will perhaps have to see what he can do.

Struggling to balance the time (and finances!!) between the retro fits on the A4 and A2!

Hoping to fit cruise next, got all the bits just struggling to find the time and decent enough weather at the mo!

leather oh leather

Hey all

After 2 years of spills on black matrix:mad: cloth seats Am looking to have My A2 interior re-trimmed in black leather so if anyone knows of a good spot around Manchester let Me know. looking to spend around £500-£700:(

Cheers,

A2sport

Hey all

After 2 years of spills on black matrix:mad: cloth seats Am looking to have My A2 interior re-trimmed in black leather so if anyone knows of a good spot around Manchester let Me know. looking to spend around £500-£700:(

Cheers,

A2sport

Bump again

In fact - if you do speak to anyone - mention that there's significant interest from several members here (at least 16 on the last count). We might be able to negotiate a bulk discount.

B

count me in! if I cant secure a car with factory leather a retrim is very attractive if the price is right. be interesting if we can get a bulk discount,and i dont mind travelling

Seat Surgeons of York did a top notch job on my A. I'm sure they would be amenable to pricing based on order size:

http://www.touchlocal.com/business/list/bid/3752386

Hey there all

Here's the quotes

(Seat Surgeons South)

Part leather & vinyl(sides & back vinyl) 695 + vat:confused:

Full leather £795 + vat:(

Nappa leather £995 + vat:eek:

All prices include Head rests,Arm rests and door panels.
-£100 if you don't want the Arm rests,Head rests,Door panels.

Awaiting a phone call for group discount:eek:

Cheers,

A2sport

Hey there all

Here's the quotes

(Seat Surgeons South)

Part leather & vinyl(sides & back vinyl) 695 + vat:confused:

Full leather £795 + vat:(

Nappa leather £995 + vat:eek:

All prices include Head rests,Arm rests and door panels.
-£100 if you don't want the Arm rests,Head rests,Door panels.

Awaiting a phone call for group discount:eek:

Cheers,

A2sport

Received phone call -£50 from original price quoted.

leather interior.

Hi A2SPORT,
this may be worth a try, i saved this supplier from just over a year ago! i have not used them, just took details for future reference;
L4 Leather,
Sheffield,
South Yorkshire.
TEL; 0114-245-7001.
PS, at the time took these details down, they said; ANY COLOUR LEATHER,
FITTED IN ONE DAY!!
THE BEST OF LUCK,( To all of you)
Cheers, ALAN.

Back