Leather rough - spliting

Rich.

A2OC Donor
Hi, I had my front leather seats re-leathered in may this year and today I was looking at the passenger seat and the leather seems to be roughing up' slightly.

Should that happen already? If I put some leather cream on will it go back to normal or should I show the people who did the work on the seats?

3771982204_d4a8694c0b.jpg
3771981764_67742409f5.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8021242@N03/3771982204/in/photostream

That line of abrasion is where something has caught on the leather - possibly a fingernail, a keyring or even a jeans rivet.

It is inevitable that the leather will do this, and it just adds to the character, but you need to ask your passengers to be a little more careful!

Cheers,

Mike

Hi, I had my front leather seats re-leathered in may this year and today I was looking at the passenger seat and the leather seems to be roughing up' slightly.

Should that happen already? If I put some leather cream on will it go back to normal or should I show the people who did the work on the seats?

3771982204_d4a8694c0b.jpg
3771981764_67742409f5.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8021242@N03/3771982204/in/photostream

Happened in my Golf which had soft beige leather, the lassies denims with studded detail on the bum pockets looks great but does your other beloved (A2) :D no favours whatsoever.

Buy a seat cover! :rolleyes:

Happened in my Golf which had soft beige leather, the lassies denims with studded detail on the bum pockets looks great but does your other beloved (A2) :D no favours whatsoever.

Buy a seat cover! :rolleyes:

Or make her take her trousers off before getting in;)

Cheers,

Mike

mike and phil i'm sure you already know this......never let a woman wear the trousers!!!!

well ok never admit it :D

Never a true-er word spoken Mike, but the secret is letting them think they do wear them!!!

Cheers,

Mike

Leather seat

Hi, well don´t be alarmed ! Leather seats will and shall have a sort of patina , that´s some of the point, I think.
My A2 does not look like new after 9 years , it has a history and is looked after and waxed twice a year. Keep calm.

Back