Lets Discuss.... options

Wanted to ask about specific options but thought as others might lets make a thread where q's can be asked about the various options people have.

Having not bought it from new, id like to know the benefits of some of my options.

Take the Bench Seat i have for instance - whats the benefit in the options above the standard.

As i also have the sport option i would be interested (particualrly if anyone has the 2002 brouchure to quote from) included exactly over a standard car.

Does my car have heated wing mirrors? i cant tell without looking

Anyway just thought i'd start the discussion feel free to keep adding q's along the way!

stand alone complex said:
Take the Bench Seat i have for instance - whats the benefit in the options above the standard.
It has three seat belts and three headrests, so in theory it can seat three (small!) people....

GrayB said:
It has three seat belts and three headrests, so in theory it can seat three (small!) people....

also it folds a few inchs further forward to accomodate a larger/squarer load in the boat so i notice, and folds down as one piece.

it isnt removeable though is it? does it do anything else i should know about?

It is removable, great for getting bikes in the back, annoying that there is no stowage point for the lap belt when not in use though,

I'll have a look at my Brochure/Price List/Options List to see what year it is Standalone

Aikon said:
It is removable, great for getting bikes in the back, annoying that there is no stowage point for the lap belt when not in use though,

I'll have a look at my Brochure/Price List/Options List to see what year it is Standalone

if you have all those aikon id love to know what is says about the sports options as mentioned in the OP and id also like to know the cost of the car and its options.

(i ask because i have little things like storage behind the seats/illuminayed mirrors etc and am curious as to if they were included in the option or extra)

A2 1.6 FSI sport
Met black
Cruise Control
ECC
Open Sky
Symphony II
Bose + Loud Speakers

if you can post the info or better yet take photo copies id be very appreicative mate

Last edited:
Aikon said:

The lap belt simply folds around itself and sits in a small pocket in the centre when not in use...the catches for the two side belts also have their own little recess for a nice snug and flush fit...
(it does in mine anyway)...

Found the bench seat to be very handy.. especially when buying a door from the local diy store... take the back seats out, and then recline the front passenger seat right back until its horizontal, and then you have loads of room.. (you could park a bus in there!!;) )

pete

ULP said:
I was expecting mine to have a lap belt (or cheese wire, as I prefer to call them) but they must have changed the lap belt to a proper 3-pointer at some stage so mine just sits against the seat when I fold it.

I don't know if a new backrest with a 3-point belt can be retrofitted to cars with lap belts, but I'm pleased mine has 3 x 3 pointers.

I must admit, im not the greatest fan of lap belts, but to be fair it is highly unlikely that I would ever be sat in the back of my own car, especially in the middle, so I havent really thought too hard about it all.
We have only recently increased our family size to 4 so (wife permitting), its likely to be at least 9 months + practice before I need to give it any serious consideration.:eek:

We're picking our 53 plate sport up tomorrow so we're yet to learn ourselves what options it has and hasn't got as well as the sport features but after reading that the bench seat was quite rare we were well pleased when it ticked that box as well.

I could do with getting hold of a sales brochure from September 2003 to find out exactly what features were options and what weren't.

I've found the link where a brochure can be downloaded but this was from 2005 so had different options - for example the bench seat had 3 3-point seatbelts at the time whereas ours has the bench seat with a centre lap belt.

If there is enough interest, maybe we could have downloadable copies of all the A2 sales brochures (price lists) on our web site. I can't see Audi getting uptight about copyright etc now the car is no longer in production.
If we go ahead, i've got the Sept 2000 and Jan 2003 price lists.

Cheers Spike

Back