Loose door !

Hi All,

Has anyone ever heard of a door coming loose on an A2?

Our 11 month old (A2) developed a wind noise from the driver’s door about a month ago, on further investigation the bolt that holds the top hinge onto the door was loose and had moved so the door was out at the top. To make the matter worse, the front of the door was then rubbing on the back edge of the wing scraping the paint.

I reported it to Carlisle Audi (who supplied it) and they came and collected the car, repaired the paint and returned it.

But now it’s done it again!

Has anyone else had anything like this?

Sounds like it needs to go back to the dealer for further investigation havent had that problem on mine but will check it out in the morning (if its not raining)

1.4 PETROL A2 BLACK WITH OPEN SKY AND REAR BENCH SEAT

My drivers door has just been re-hung - it had 'dropped' on its hinges.

Trouble now is that one of the retaining pins won't stay put - the dealer is ordering a new pin.

BTW, the car is only just a year old

WAS : A2 TDI SE 2001 Ebony Black Pearl (The Little Tank!)
NOW : A2 TDi 90 Sport, OpenSky, winter pack, ISOfix, all-round fogs, climate control, all-round electric windows, Blaupunkt Woodstock DAB54, genuine HID xenons and red leather! Not to mention CCC Tech chipping (118bhp), K&N air filter, all round tinting, all-black headlining and retro-fitted cruise control and GALA.(The NEW Tank).
A215.jpg

Sounds like something very simular, at least I am not alone on this one...

It's going back in on Tuesday for them to try again... I will wait and see if it works this time.

Just noticed this with my "new" one. I'm still in warranty and it is obvious there has been no accident damage - looks like the top hinge is slightly out as the rubber on the leading edge above the door mirrior is not sitting flush to the A pillar.

I'll try the dealer next week.

Back