Lots of white smoke and dumped oil out through exhaust

Lak2021

Hi guys,

Just went to start the car today, straight away, gave lots of white smoke, especially when applying acceleration and when I brought it back to the house after just 5 mins, dumped load of black oil from the exhaust.

Visual inspection of the engine bay doesn't show up anything odd,

Any ideas what it could be?
66404b0be9f9be518010a42bb44021d9.jpg

Sent from my STK-LX1 using Tapatalk

What is your engine oil level like? Do you have a dipstick that is broken or the wrong one and too much oil?

dipstick is broke, but I can see the oil level just on the bottom edge of it, so there is oil in engine still

Yes but where are you gauging the oil? Post picture of it. If this is linked to your lost boost could be turbo gone.

What is your engine oil level like? Do you have a dipstick that is broken or the wrong one and too much oil?
Some suggestions it might be a turbo that has sucked oil through and dumped it through the exhaust, new turbo required

Yes but where are you gauging the oil? Post picture of it. If this is linked to your lost boost could be turbo gone.
Yeah, wanted to do the MAF unplugged run today, but this spoilt the plans.

Only got it a week ago, it was running fine until last couple of days

Hmmmmm. Walks like a duck, quacks like a duck.....

Garage or private sale? Member of breakdown assistance? Possibility it had been run overfilled for a while before you had it.

If the white smoke had an acrid smell, it could be unburnt diesel typically due to lack of compression / low turbo boost levels.
No mention of system pressurising /loosing coolant which could relate to head gasket failure

If the sump oil level is indicated by the blob of oil on the molding line then it may be overfilled - but not sure by how much.

Cheers Spike

Hmmmmm. Walks like a duck, quacks like a duck.....

Garage or private sale? Member of breakdown assistance? Possibility it had been run overfilled for a while before you had it.
Looks like it audifan, got it private. Did a 100 mile journey back from where i got it from with no issues, and another 250 mile journey after. Will organise a local recovery to take it to a garage,

Was thinking of installing a bigger pd130 turbo on it., time to do some more a2oc research.

If the white smoke had an acrid smell, it could be unburnt diesel typically due to lack of compression / low turbo boost levels.
No mention of system pressurising /loosing coolant which could relate to head gasket failure

If the sump oil level is indicated by the blob of oil on the molding line then it may be overfilled - but not sure by how much.

Cheers Spike
When I checked it, I thought its at the top of torrence but not overfilled, it came at the top line of the gauge,. The white smoke had an acidic smell, didn't think too much of it.

That is great as long as you did not over pay, have other transport and the funds to sort it out. Not suggesting that it is broken, just do some research as to what to expect to pay and what parts you will need. Exhaust can be a pain to get off the turbo, the turbo a pain to get off the manifold, manifold off the block etc. Not even sure if the exhaust is salvageable especially if looking at a bigger turbo. End of the day it is your choices and wallet. I would work out 2 costs one to put it back standard and the second including the upgraded turbo and anything else that is required. Several members on here have done power upgrades so get their opinions.

Lets see what the garage comes up with.

One thing, yes the dip stick is right on maximum but that is after it has crapped over the drive quite a bit of oil so may well just have been overfilled and the long drive at speed pushing it through. May not be any permanent damage but be prepared for a bill. Let the garage look before you turn the engine over again. Let them winch it on the trailer.

That is great as long as you did not over pay, have other transport and the funds to sort it out. Not suggesting that it is broken, just do some research as to what to expect to pay and what parts you will need. Exhaust can be a pain to get off the turbo, the turbo a pain to get off the manifold, manifold off the block etc. Not even sure if the exhaust is salvageable especially if looking at a bigger turbo. End of the day it is your choices and wallet. I would work out 2 costs one to put it back standard and the second including the upgraded turbo and anything else that is required. Several members on here have done power upgrades so get their opinions.

Lets see what the garage comes up with.
I got it cheap, as it needed a new motor to get the oss working. Didn't expect this to go, but will try to get him back running and enjoy it before summer starts. Will keep you posted guys

Back