Louder Horn

spike

I think i would fit the bosch one myself as most of the electricle items on audi are bosch you are right about the horn about much use as a chocolate tea pot

cheers
Robin

Agree that the horn is a bit cr*p.
If anyone does fit one could they do a guide?

Cheers

glock17

Speaking of the horn. The factory standard alarm system is next to useless too. I'm not an fan of having extremely loud car alarm sound that goes off for the smallest of vibrations, but I would like it to sound a little more assertive! Anyway to fix that as well? wire the alarm to the horn?

You can't add an extra siren to the alarm - I've tried.

Because it works with the CAN system, the car expects there to be a certain type of siren there, to which it can communicate.

The horn should be a doddle though.

Cheers,

Mike

You want a low tone horn ( approx £5) and simply wire it in beside the existing one. You need to remove the bumper for decent access.

Hey Spike, have you installed a new horn yet? Easy job? I used my horn a couple of times last week, just to find out it has 'gone flat', as if it doesn't have enough gas. Time for a replacement I think.

Wonder if the horn off my A4 will fit? THats fine and as its going I could sell the A4 with crappy horn..........

manhattan$ said:
I had to use my horn the other day, i was well embarrased :eek: ..............sounded like a noddy car!

"Noddy Car" - That is exactly what my young Niece thinks of the A2 after I beeped a "goodbye" once!! :eek:

Agree that this is one of the most embarrassing failures of A2 ownership. On a positive note though - I am now too embarrassed to suffer road rage and sound the horn at offending motorists for fear of being seen, (or should that be "heard"), as a laughing stock!! :D

Darren

* Almost forgot, with the noise emissions of our European counterparts being so "enviro friendly"; the alarm is another weak performer too!! :rolleyes:

Hi Humps
I bought the horn - a Stebel Nautilus. Having checked the wiring diagram it looks like the existing horn wire is 2.5mm sq and the fuse is 25A which is man enough for the job. The service is due next month so while I have the undertray off i'll fit the horn. I know its visible from underneath but the front bumper may also need to be removed for better access.
I'll let you know how I get on
http://www.stebel.it/stebel/index2007.htm

Cheers Spike

Best improvement is to have a pair. One high one low. The high tone is already fitted - add a low tone beside it. Remove front bumper.
Having done this in a previous life and having used the horn in anger I can say that th standard horn, although pathetic in sound does actually do what it is supposed to and does attrat attention over long distances, it just sounds weedy. With an additional low tone it just sounds better. A3 and 4 have twin (high and low) fitted - it was just a financial decision I guess.

Happy horning (Is it pc to say that?)

maersk said:
A3 and 4 have twin (high and low) fitted - it was just a financial decision I guess.

Happy horning (Is it pc to say that?)
What's the new toy you're expecting - not an Edition 30 perchance?

Cheers,
Mike

Hi Spike.

A few months has passed and I was wondering how you got on with fitting the Stebel Nautilus.

I bought one two years ago and gave up after not finding space around the engine to accommodate it, just sitting in the garage gathering dust - I would love to put it to good use!

Regards

Hi Humps
I bought the horn - a Stebel Nautilus. Having checked the wiring diagram it looks like the existing horn wire is 2.5mm sq and the fuse is 25A which is man enough for the job. The service is due next month so while I have the undertray off i'll fit the horn. I know its visible from underneath but the front bumper may also need to be removed for better access.
I'll let you know how I get on
http://www.stebel.it/stebel/index2007.htm

Cheers Spike

The Stebel site is great fun. I think I fancy the one they recommend for trains or maybe the two tone emerengy services one!

Last edited:
Back