Low Torque Compression on Cylinder 2

AndyC

Anyone translate this please?

Audi Assist guy found it when diagnosing an engine management fault light. car is with Audi at the moment, they've told me they are asking Audi UK for advice on the fault.

Cars been back five times in 12months, all engine management related...had 4 replacement coils, 1 EGR valve, 1 speed sensor and I've had an injector on number 2 cylinder changed as well.

Other than that the cars great!

Hi AndyC
This is just a guess but historically Audi used to measure the starter current while cranking the engine. As each cylinder goes over compression the cranking amps increase and this info can be used as an indication to pinpoint low compression on any cylinder.
If I'm correct, for me the next stage would be to have a propper compression test done using a pressure gauge screwed into the spark plug holes. As it appears to only affect one cylinder (No 2) then it could be down to sticking valves. Worn piston rings are another cause of low compression but normally all cylinders would be affected.
Let us know how you get on

Cheers Spike

Spike,

New NOX sensor and Speed sensor fitted, seems to have cured the problems. Car seems to be smoother and the classic 'Moo' noise has all but vanished!
MPG has improved as well, all in all the car is alot more useable. Best it's felt since I've owned it!

Back