MAF removal/cleansing?

Adrian888

A2OC Donor
I know this has been covered in many threads however i am d*mned if i can find info regarding this. And yes i have tried various search words/phrases.

I suspect the MAF maybe in need of a spring clean! My consumption has been gradually increasing over the past few months way beyond that normally associated with winter. I used to regularly get 55-57+mpg which increased to 54-56 ish when I had new tyres fitted. This increased further to 50-51 with the onset of cold weather however it is now only 48 mpg. I use quality fuels and am currently on a tankful of Total Excellium diesel with no apparant improvement. A couple of weeks ago i ran a tank of V power which did show some improvement but still not great (although it did run smoother and 'peppier'). i am going to run a single shot Millers Injector cleaner through with the next tankful.

I want to look at this sooner than later so I can get a more accurate idea of the 5th gear upgrade, new tyres and 'aero' tweaks i am having carried out over the next week or so.

Easiest way by far is to remove the actual element from the tube, but you do need 5-pin security torx bits to do it (which I have!).

If you get yourself some MAF cleaner (carb cleaner is pretty good too), you can do this Wednesday whilst I'm doing the gears.

Cheers,

Mike

II suspect the MAF maybe in need of a spring clean! My consumption has been gradually increasing over the past few months way beyond that normally associated with winter. I used to regularly get 55-57+mpg which increased to 54-56 ish when I had new tyres fitted. This increased further to 50-51 with the onset of cold weather however it is now only 48 mpg. QUOTE]

I had a similar reduction in fuel consumption which was markedly improved by a prolonged dose of Redex - http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showpost.php?p=83841&postcount=11

Cheers Spike

Back