MAF sensor

Havank

I want to clean the MAF sensor and could do with some help as to where i can locate the sensor, and what kind of cleaning procedure i should follow (as to not to damage it)

Had twice loss of power, (no response on accelerator) and after stopping and restarting the engine everything was normal again :confused: :confused: .

So in a process of elemination i want to start at the most obvious point

so any advise is appreciated

Havank said:
I want to clean the MAF sensor and could do with some help as to where i can locate the sensor, and what kind of cleaning procedure i should follow (as to not to damage it)

Had twice loss of power, (no response on accelerator) and after stopping and restarting the engine everything was normal again :confused: :confused: .

So in a process of elemination i want to start at the most obvious point

so any advise is appreciated
If you remove the bonnet, the MAF is on the drivers side and is a short tube with an electrical connector coming off it.

The short tube sits in line with the main air intake tube, so is pretty easy to find.

You'll need to unclip both securing rings and then the electrical plug and remove the MAF from the car. You'll then need a set of security torx bits, the ones with the hole in the middle, to dismantle the MAF.

When you get inside, spray plenty of brake cleaner into the hot wire and gently clean with a soft brush, emphasis being on gentle.

Reassembly is the reverse of the above.

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks for the info

I will have a go at it tonight

When you get inside, spray plenty of brake cleaner into the hot wire and gently clean with a soft brush, emphasis being on gentle.

What is the hot wire??

Hi Havank

Dont do it yet you have pm on what it could also be may not be the MAF

cheers
Robin

Back