Meeting Up In Kent For This Week End Club Social

Status
Not open for further replies.
It had previously been suggested that with a good few A2 owners travelling through Kent for this weekends Club Social that we could meet up on Junction 8 of the M20 (continuation of M25 heading south) where I understand there is a large service facility. I am therefore seeking clarity on this issue, and what would be a desirable time ?

If this is going to work we must firstly try to gain some input from those perhaps travelling from destinations maybe 200 miles away, when logically they will note be able to pin themselves down to a precise time of arrival. With this in mind I believe we should firstly be asking those “long distance travellers” what time would be reasonable to them – so come on say something.

In fixing a time I think it only sounds reasonable that before departing from Junction 8 we must allow a 1 hour window for late arrivals. That said the most important point is to establish before Saturday afternoon exactly who proposes to attend, so can we now make a positive list. If it’s only to be Rob Earl and myself, then we can sort ourselves out without much debate, however it would be nice to ascertain right now what interest there will be in the proposal.

It might also be very helpful if we exchanged mobil telephone numbers (or maybe land line numbers), and I am happy to do this with anyone who wishes to email me for that information.

I surely do hope that Sunday is a nice day weather wise, and I am looking forward to showing Steve’s girlfriend how comfortable the back seats in my Golf are. It will genuinely be great for all to put faces to those who we have exchanged opinions with over such a long period, and for me the event will be special when after the social I intend to really call it a day in no longer contributing on the forum.

Btw, perhaps I have missed the boat, but is there a map or directions to the pub ? (Over to you Stuart)

Regards
John Disdale

Sorry, she's used to the spacious Corolla now!.

Sounds a fair idea, but as I'm travelling a fair way I can't be 100% certain of time so if I email you my mobile, we can exchange numbers and if I'm in the area at the time you are then I'll stop by, otherwise I'll head straight for the pub.

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

A map or directions to the pub....no you haven't missed the boat. To be perfectly honest I had a little difficulty locating it the first time I went there to pay the deposit. My navigator (the wife) did make some notes on the directions as we went along but we got fairly lost initially and so they really can't be relied on...so I'm afraid for once I am lacking in efficiency and have no map or directions for you.

Can I suggest www.rac.co.uk - use the route finder facility and punch in the post code that I sent you all.

If I'm not there...it's because I'll be very lost!

2001 TDi SE | Cobalt Blue Metallic | Open Sky Roof | Kenwood Mask CD | Front Centre Armrest
www.Audi-A2.co.uk | www.A2Forum.net

Hi

we are really looking forward to the meeting. Hope that the weather is
good so that the car won't get too dirty driving in mushy snow??

Does anybody need anything from Germany.....good beer ; good chocolate;
sausage???? Or Irish Stuff Whisky???? We have after all plenty of room in our A2!!! ..... if
necessary we could even pull out the back seats to make room!!
see you all at the weekend

Michelle&Thomas
from Ireland & Germany
1.6 FSI

We are travelling from Bristol and are setting off at 8am this should be enough time to get there weather permitting??

According to the RAC :: 200miles and 3Hours

Lee,
TDI SE,
Dolphin Grey,
6 Disc Changer (Fitted by me)

hello everyone
we are looking forward to the A2 rally we will be travelnig down from Manchester on the friday night and staying in Reading until Sunday morning where we hope to glide round the M25 and then down the M20.
So we will see you all at 12.00 noon.
looking forward to a nice fine day hopefully !!
bye for now

Andrew Simmons
tdi se
colbalt blue (clean machine) .

A.D.Simmons

I hopefully will get there first - as I am the gatekeeper to the car park...and to stop non A2s (other than the odd Golf and Carolla) from entering!

The owner told me to take care down the roads to the pub if it has snowed or is icy. It will still be accessible but some of the roads are narrow with limited visibility so be careful!

The weather as per www.weather.co.uk is currently shown as mostly cloudy with some sun - chance of rain 30%...so fingers crossed.

2001 TDi SE | Cobalt Blue Metallic | Open Sky Roof | Kenwood Mask CD | Front Centre Armrest

Thanks Stu

Beati pauperes spiritu, quoniam ipsorum est regnum caelorum."

Michelle&Thomas
from Ireland & Germany
1.6 FSI

Going by Stuart's details, lunch is booked for 12pm. I would suggest that we need to make a move from the J8 services by about 11 to 11:15, allowing time for a gentle cruise down the motorway and then a few minutes of reversing up lanes in convoy after yet another wrong turn. This will hopefully get us to the pub in time for introductions, before the hog is put on the spit roast.

We shall more than likely get to the services early and have several coffees if the weather is similar to todays, so at least there will be one of us there.

The links below are maps of the area.

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse....n=139852&scale=100000&coordsys=gb&mapsize=big

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse....pc=&advanced=&scale=25000&down.x=18&down.y=18

1.4SE petrol in Merlot Red, Biege interior, 16" 5 spoke alloys, DIS, Open Sky, Elec rear windows.

Have fun this sunday !!!

I will be there in spirit with you and I expect to see some smashing pictures next week !!!

Drive safe !

Dennis de Held

Amulet Red 1.4 Tdi

Shezlee & Andrew,

Your route will have you going past Junction 8 on the M20, so could you not try to help in forming a convey by getting to the J8 services by say 11am (at the latest).

Regards
John Disdale

Someone (who shall remain nameless!) has asked me what the agenda is on Sunday! Can I just reinterate that this is not a board meeting...I have no agenda, speeches or any keynote speeches to make!!

Unfortunately the weather has changed and it looks like it may rain, so bring your mac and brolly! (http://uk.weather.com/weather/local/UKXX0102)

John D,
This shouldn't be problem so see you all at J8

Till Sunday.

Lee,
TDI SE,
Dolphin Grey,
6 Disc Changer (Fitted by me)

Lee,

Okay then. If you have a mobile phone then email it to me at [email protected] and I will then reply with my own number. This way we can keep in touch Sunday morning should the need arise.

Regards
John Disdale

Just a few snippets:-

It looks as though the weather for Sunday could be better than what Stuart has predicted, so bring your sun tan lotion.

Access to the services area at Junction 8 on the M20 actually involves leaving the motorway via the ramped sliproad (which I believe is sign posted to Lenham) and then turning left – so don’t carry on driving along the M20 expecting a conventional roadside motorway service station. The facilities provided by “RoadChef” are pretty good and include a “Wimpy” bar, Chinese food area, and a quality “Costa” coffee bar. I will probably be found in all three.

Once owners are out of their cars and within the service facilities it’s an impossibility that we will be able to recognise each other, however on my part I shall be wearing a bright yellow long coat, and being that its early my wife will likely still have her curlers in with her false teeth in a glass – so we should be easy to spot. Failing that several people will have my mobile telephone number so give it a ring and look around to see who answers the phone.

I must say one aspect of the Social which I was really looking forward to was meeting Roy Fox, but sadly his business commitments now make it impossible to attend. Roy has now treated himself to a BMW M5, although he still has his Golf TDI PD130, and has been so impressed by this that his company have acquired another five. Of course had his Audi dealer and Audi UK not treated him so poorly, that could have been six A2’s sitting in Roy’s carpark.

Regards
John Disdale

Hey, I hope you're not going to have your own mini social...and will continue down to Folkestone...!

I am still waiting to hear from Andrew (in Manchester), but if he comes then I confirm that at the time of writing there will be 7 cars departing from Junction 8 down to Folkestone. Alas this will only include five A2’s but I still think that will end up making for a great little convoy. I mean have you ever in your life seen five A2’s going down the road together ?

Regards
John Disdale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back