Minor scratches

keez

The minor scratches on the corner of my bumpber are really getting me down. They are not deep but are visible. I heard Maguiars Scratch X would be the best thing to use to remove minor scratches.

Anyone agree?

Ive tried a few scratch remedies with limited success, I think you really need to use a machine mop for best results. 'Quixx' works OK on scrathces that arent deep, but you need to work hard to bring the gloss shine back up on metallic paint. For the corner of a bumper which is one of the most common scuff marks, many mobile firms offer a smart repair service to refinish the area affected. Again, depends on the skill and effort of the techy but I have seen some good work. Ask a local dealer with well presented cars who they use to repair scratches and dings and/or google for local firms. I think Grim Reeper is well versed in this area so he may have the answer for you!! !!:D:D

And as if by magic here i am, well Murdo you are right a mashine polish can normaly get most fine scratches out and as the Audi has very hard paint some times thats all you need,i work in a high volume refurb centre working on new and 6month old Audi's and we never use any of the scratch remove stuff they just don't work, they are full of fillers so all they do is fill the scratch, if they did work we would use truck loads of the stuff ( as a company we do some 500+ cars a week). Keez where abouts in the country are you ?

Chers Phil

Scratch X has improved it. But as expected, no miracle worker. Might try some Audi Touch up to finish the job.

I notice previous threads state that its obvious where you apply touch ups, but surely its less obvious than those darned scratches!?

:confused:

When you get the touch up use a cocktail stick to put the paint into the scratch, its just a finer point and just try to build it up in small bits rarther than just trying to fill it all in one go

Cheers Phil

When you get the touch up use a cocktail stick to put the paint into the scratch, its just a finer point and just try to build it up in small bits rarther than just trying to fill it all in one go

Cheers Phil

My touch up kit arrived today. So you don't recommend the use of the brushes supplied?

Also, what is the purpose of the lacquer - would this try and match the metallic paint?

Back