Mintex Discs, pads and rear shoes.

Keithb

Hello,

Has anyone used Mintex brake products on their A2? I run Mintex stuff on my '69 Riley Elf and its pretty good stuff, and I've spotted some Mintex A2 brake products on ebay.

Any Mintex/A2 related feedback would be gratefully received. :D
Cheers,

K.

No experience with Mintex but just replaced my fronts with Brembo Discs and Pagid pads excellent value from GSF £24.50+Vat each for discs and £26.50 +Vat for pads and as always with GSF in stock.

at the other end of the scale and as i don't do much mileage, i just bought the cheap front discs and pads on ebay £41 inc vat delivered the set, they were very helpfull people on the phone i must say.
i'm fitting them tomorrow so will update soon on quality(or not!)

at the other end of the scale and as i don't do much mileage, i just bought the cheap front discs and pads on ebay £41 inc vat delivered the set, they were very helpfull people on the phone i must say.

I'd spotted those bargains as well, let us know how they turn out :). Also pass on any handy hints or tips changing A2 brake parts, I've not had the wheels off mine yet (nearly a week of ownership in the bag though!) :D

well i fitted them today and it was easy and i'm no mechanic, each side takes around an hour, you'll need some good tools, which i have being an engineer.
the discs and pads fitted exactly the same as the originals, i'll update after a few miles are done, but for 41 quid i'm a very happy man:D

I fitted the Mintex Brake Box discs & pads at the back, on my 1.6 FSi. Purchased from ebay advert (SureStartBatteries).
All the correct parts were supplied inc bolts with 'Threadlock'. No problems at all in fitting them (Aug 2007) and they have been fine since.
Only disappointment from my side is that they are now £5 cheaper!

I fitted the Mintex Brake Box discs & pads at the back, on my 1.6 FSi. Purchased from ebay advert (SureStartBatteries).
All the correct parts were supplied inc bolts with 'Threadlock'. No problems at all in fitting them (Aug 2007) and they have been fine since.
Only disappointment from my side is that they are now £5 cheaper!

Excellent thank you Unipower, thats exactly what I wanted to hear. :D

also bought these, fitted on sat. passenger side took me about 1.5 hours

:eek: as these were different to the brakes i changed on my last car in that you had to push the caliper up and out (if that makes sense) second side took an hour.

my brake pad warning light didnt go out though, is this because it needs resetting or i didnt push the plug in properly?

o and the brakes arent worn in yet so not performing properly, but seem ok. all i can say is that they were MUCH heavier than the factory set which i removed from the car. (not just due to wear i dont think)

No experience with Mintex but just replaced my fronts with Brembo Discs and Pagid pads excellent value from GSF £24.50+Vat each for discs and £26.50 +Vat for pads and as always with GSF in stock.
I Have the same set up on my car and i can quite happily say after 20 years of driving this is the best brake set up i have ever had ......:D

I bought the full Mintex front and rear set in the end, looks like quality kit. I fancy some fresh new drums as well now though (they will be painted of course), best price I can find is about £38 for each drum...is that good?:)

What colour are you going to paint them? Black to match the car, silver to match the alloys or some other colour. I've been meaning to do ours, I'll probably do them black, when I change the shoes but I could be tempted with silver?!?!? choices choices....

Cheers
Jonathan

I'll probably mix a dark silver almost gunmetal. I'll paint the front calipers before I change the discs and pads as well.
I painted the calipers on my Honda gloss black (its a black Honda) and they looked superb, but for the A2 I fancy something different so I think a Gunmetal will look quite nice. :)

Back