missfire code p0301, p0302 audia2 1.4 03 plate

Neilwyatt

Hi, im after some help. Brought an a2 recently with a misfire. We have changed coil1 but the error is still showing. We have had the ecu checked out and this is doing what it should. Has anyone got any advice?

16685/P0301/000769 - Cylinder 1 Misfire Detected
Possible Causes

Ignition system
Fuel injectors
Fuel pressure
Running out of fuel
EVAP canister purge valve
Evaporative emission system
Low compression
Base engine problems
Controle Module damaged

-------------

16686/P0302/000770 - Cylinder 2 Misfire Detected
Possible Causes

Ignition system
Fuel injectors
Fuel pressure
Running out of fuel
EVAP canister purge valve
Evaporative emission system
Low compression
Base engine problems
Controle Module damaged

Special Notes

This feature search for engine misfire in a specific cylinder. Most of the time the cause for a misfire is a lack of combustion in a cylinder due to absence of spark, poor fuel metering, or poor compression.

Cheers

Jeff

Hiya jeff. Thank you for this. What would you say is the best plan of attack or to elimiate the options. The compression is fine as this has been tested. The plugs have been changed (the old ones were quite black), & we have fitted a new coil. Should I chanfe all 4?

Neil

It's not a bad idea to change all four coil packs to be on the safe side, but moving them around to see if the fault remains on the same cylinder is probably more cost effective.

I would also suggest scanning with genuine VCDS hardware, as many generic scanners don't fault find to the level required to troubleshoot effectively.

Cheers

Jeff

Hi more information since my last posting. Thanks to jeff and spike. I have since changed my injector, coils, had the elctrics and compression tested all has come back good. Is there anything else I can do?

Sorry. Still have the miss fire in cylinder 1. Going to get the faults reset. Will this rectify the problemr? Any help would be greatful

Hi more information since my last posting. Thanks to jeff and spike. I have since changed my injector, coils, had the elctrics and compression tested all has come back good. Is there anything else I can do?

I had that problem and it turned out to be "sticky valves" had new valve guides and valves fitted on that cylinder and it solved it.

But I am not saying that will be the cause of yours (it is a very expensive job too)

But that was the last thing I checked, everything else was fine and swapped with no improvement, then the valves were done and all was well!!

resetting the fault is essential, if only to determine if the fault remains and to cancel the dash warning, it is unlikely (but not impossible) that resetting the fault will rectify it.

Steve B

Last edited:
Cheers steve. This is where my thinking is going. What sort of costing is it?

It depends on labour charges because it is very labour intensive.

It is difficult to use my work as a guide because I had lots of other things done too.

but I guess that it is a couple of hundred for the parts and a similar amount for the labour

or try and source a replacement head (for the car !!!)

Steve B

Not wanting to point out the obvious here, but the actual electrical connections to the coil could be at fault. The connectors become brittle with age and are easy to break unknowingly upon extracting them from a plugged in coil. Id check the connections and see what's what electrically. Just a thought.

Thank you for this, I should of mentioned that all electrics are goodvand connectors have been cleaned, but still no joy yey.

Back