MMI stopped working

bammers

I am assuming MMI stands for multi media interface... its the bit in the middle of the dials that tells you which radio station one is one & how many miles to the gallon you are doing. It stopped working when the service warning light came on. Harrogate Audi have just quoted me 581.63 for a new dash insert... :mad: are thay having a laugh or what ..? Any idea's on ways forward dudes/dudettes..?

Regards & best wishes

Bammers

I thought it was called the DIS driver information system or something like that, you could try to find a old one at a scrapyard and get Mike to reprograme it for you, as its got your imoberliser code in the clocks, but i would PM Mike about that first

Phil

You haven't switched it off by mistake?

Its very easy to catch the reset button on the underside of the arm and accidently do this but I hope Audi would have checked this before quoting for a new instrument cluster

Cheers Spike

It is called DIS, MMi is a very recent. Are you sure you simply haven't accidentally turned off the DIS display? First time I did it I panicked!

Maybe I am becoming too cynical in my middle age but i would still check it myself.... and IF it has accidentally been switched off I would be having a few 'words' with Audi.... My recent experience of ordering the Aero parts for my car didn't do anything to bolster my opinion of some aspects of the Audi ownership experience when it comes to doing business with the dealers....

It was the reset button. All fine now. Wait till I see audi.

Sie ist kein muppet! (hopefully that translates as 'yer not a muppet!')

Common mistake, I did this with my first A3 and thought the DIS was goosed. Did Audi look at it before quoting you for a new set of clocks? If not that is really bad form. :(

This exact same thing happened when Clarkson tested the R8 V10 and apparently, the engineer responsible for the DIS shot himself because of the shame!!!

The dealership really should have known better!

Cheers,

Mike

A2oc

Thank goodness for a2oc. Yes audi did apparently inspect the car before quoting for a new dash. I shall be raising how their technician missed this when I speak to the branch manager.

Thing to remember when dealing with things like this is that the dealer is NOT Audi - they are merely a franchise holder, so don't let it sour your views on the brand itself.

Some dealers are very good, some are terrible and it's the terrible ones that bring the name into disrepute.

See what they have to say by all means, but it's a mistake that shouldn't really be made by a competent dealership.

Cheers,

Mike

Back