MMO2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday I spent 45 minutes attempting to pay my yearly contract with O2, I was passed through 7 departments. Then I was told that I had already authorised payment on Dec 9th!!!! (not me guvnor).Last year it was 90 minutes on the phone, and when it was accidentally locked by 'er indoors (if in trouble press every button at least 3 times), it also took 90 minutes on the phone.
Is this the worst customer services on the planet?
M&S Financial services excluded, they are not on this planet.
Or am I just becoming another "Grumpy Old Man"?

Richard,

No, its O2.

I have just changed my business phones from O2 due to their appauling customer support. The story started in April this year, and included me being cut off numorous times, receiving multiple online demands for payment, and many threats of legal prosecution towards me due to alledged non-payment of my bill. All of this due to a complete shambles of a system at their end that continued to miss crediting my account after paying them each month. I wont go into the whole story as it is huge (with over 100 telephone conversations with them since it started - always me calling them I might add - including many solicitors letters etc). I moved away from them in October, thinking it was all over, however their incompetence continued, as they failed to close my account (even though it should close automatically when I transfered my number), and I continued to receive bills and legel prosecution threats up until the 24th Dec.

I was ignored, forgotten, patronised and worse of all lied to over a period of 9 months from O2.

The worst thing for me is seeing there adverts on TV when they praise there own Customer support - what a joke.

Kaine

And to think I am a comparatively substantial shareholder of this apology for a business! Seems I'm not just a "Grumpy Old Man" then. If anyone knows the name of the MD I will write to him.

NTL gets my vote for worst customer services.

2004 1.4 TDi (90) SE, Cobalt Blue, Climate control, Cruise control, DIS, Sport seats, Winter pack, Symphony II.

Oh man, i concur with Will... the problems I had with trying to cancel NTL was a nightmare. After cancelling (i mean going through the whole cancellation procedure and being told the account was closed) about 3 times and them STILL billing us... plus me sending two registered letters, they still told me they had no record of disconnection - even though I had sent all the equipment back to them!

It took a few calls to the head office of NTL and asking for a copy of their complaints procedure that they finally magically "flicked a switch" and said I was disconnected.

A2 1.6FSI Sport in Azure Blue with strange blue sports interior
climate control, scratched front offside alloy, tape player.

Where is the O2 call centre based? Outside of the UK?

Steve - A couple of A2's, then a Corolla, now a Avensis T3-X 2.0 Auto

[3]
NTL every time...........................

I still have not forgiven them for digging up my pavement..................................................and alsmost everyone else in the UK as well.

NEVER attempt a battle of wits with an unarmed man.
A2 1.4 SE TDI replaced with A3 2.0TDI DSG, the transmission of the future - today.

quote:Originally posted by runboy

Where is the O2 call centre based? Outside of the UK?

Which one Steve?

Domestic PAYG
Domestic Contract
Business
Onine Business

O2 are basically made up of many different companies that have no access to information from the other departments. Oh, I forget, thats apart from the Accounts dept, who you will never be able to speak to, even though will receive many e-mails & legal threats from.

From my experience the main call centres are UK based, with the Online Business centre up north.

Kaine

And India, they are very helpful and polite in India, but have no power to do ANYTHING AT ALL. They all speak to a script, ask them anything not on the script and...... I was a leading figure in the first call centres....to my eternal shame.
I am enjoying this topic, keep 'em coming and maybe we could make an award to the worst customers services, maybe the A2 TDI moo. It looks like a draw so far NTL and O2. My money is still on O2, they are execrable (that's bad).

Kaine
I was jusy wondering if any of the O2 call centres were India based as these do cause problems. I agree with hollyrescue-the Indian call centres are serviced by polite people, but who do not understand you, and you have trobule understanding.

It is with regret that I must announce another contender for the tile "worst customer services on the planet", it's Pipex. A proxy vote this one,but it's in the family so I am sure you will allow it. My son was double charged for the broadband service in November and December, in spite of documentary evidence, and back up from the bank, they will not acknowledge the mistake and in my son's words "the woman was very snotty". He is giving them 48 hours to apologise and refund the loot, or he transfers to BT, where as an employee he would save over six quid a month.
I am quite sure that customer services as a whole have got worse, incompetent and patronising in the best cases and downright rude in the worst.
I have a policy of never (ever) shopping in shops where I get bad service and bad customer service follow up, the latest to join the list is Tesco.

hollyrescue. What annoys me is that with about 80% of transactions I do these days....anything from paying a bill to buying something....there is usually something that goes wrong.

I suppose my latest two are Northern Rock mortgages who took my monthly mortgage amount twice each month for 4 months, and now my latest statement doesn't make any sense.....and Direct Line who despite being given all invoices and proof I paid the excess on the 18 November still have not refunded me my excess, and to cap it all the other driver whose fault it was is with Direct Line too! How easy can it be for them!

Or there is the fact that my local council want to build a huge bypass near me, so as part of the consultation I completed a long on-line questionnaire only to find that when I pressed 'submit' I always got an error.

Or could it be Singlepoint who insist on charging me for a service I have cancelled, and they agree it is cancelled, but still charged me for it.

Or MFI where I ordered a filing cabinet in August, only to finally pick it up late December (yes, 4 months after they PROMISED delivery)and find one of the draw fronts is faulty. I went into the store last week to order a new front and they said they phone to confirm one had been ordered and when I could expect to pick it up. No phone call as yet...what a surprise.

Or Powergen who insist my initial is X..Dear Mr X....I've told them you can't spell Stephen with an X but I don't think they understand......

Or when my boiler broke down a few Fridays ago. I phone the emergency call out people and they say someone would phone me that night....no call. Phone the next day and eventually get a call out sorted. Then some twit phones on the Monday asking when they can come round to fix the boiler. Erm, Hello, I am a frozen bloke of ice by now! (slight dramatisation, but you get my drift).

What is it these days....or is it me?.........the truth is out there.....somewhere....I just hope 2005 is better.

Steve - A couple of A2's, then a Corolla, now an Avensis T3-X 2.0 Auto

I guess on the lighter side, I do have some good customer service experiences. On review though, all of the good service tends to come from small independant firms. Odd how things come around!!!

Kaine

Peter's (my son) boiler has not worked for more than a month. The local plumber who fitted it 2 years ago is too busy, so I rang the manufacturers, they want £97.50+VAT just to turn up, work and parts extra, but they are not taking on any more work at the moment! For £97.50 just to turn up I would crawl over hot coals. Compare that to the (my) state pension!!!!
I can't remember things ever being so bad, as Runboy remarks. What's happened to this country?
Don't spend money with firms with poor service or products.
I have not used MFI for many years, long story best told over a pint. Last weekend 'er indoors wanted a pine cabinet and suggested MFI, reluctantly I went. She saw just what she wanted and asked the price of a power dressed employee "that's not for sale" she said " I didn't know you collected them" I said, "I had a store keeper like that once who wouldn't issue anything beacause if he did he wouldn't have any stock" said I. It was for sale of course, but we crossed the road and bought there. So MFI is still a load of rubbish. There was a very good cartoon in the Private Eye once, two men with briefcases marked MFI were looking at the tower of Pisa, once says to the other "so whats wrong with that?".

Update on lousy Pipex customer service, they are still crap, but my son went on the Pipex forum, which is monitored by Pipex, and they sorted it immediately. Audi are you listening?????

MMO2 re-enters the contest with yet another C*** up. See my original post. I have just received a rental bill, I explained I am on a yearly contract, "but you haven't renewed it" she said. Well you could have knocked me down with an A2 Moo. After a pleasant conversation with a sensible person, she promised to refund the money they are taking from my bank without authority, (same as 2001,2002,2003....). WATCH THIS SPACE!!!
I think MMO2 are clear winners so far.

It's official, O2 is the worst customers services. Source BBC 1 Watchdog. All the problems above and more, including a £70 bill for hanging on. Been there, done that! I'm not proud to say this, I have a large shareholding in this c***firm.

Be making an appearance at the next AGM eh?

Steve - A couple of A2's, then a Corolla, now an Avensis T3-X 2.0 Auto

I'm pretty sure that I worked with the Chief Exec, John Erskine, at BT. I have received loads of bumpf re my shareholding, if I do nothing they will sell them and give me the money, even though they said it would only apply to a shareholding of 600 or less. I will go to the AGM, but my experience of AGMs is that most business is ruled out by the Chairman, if it's not complimentary. The stony face of the Directors is a joy to behold when you raise such matters, it's usually a stitch up.

Sorry, my fault, it's Peter Erskine, not John. I should have read the small print, see my post in another topic!! I will write 100 lines, I must read the small print.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back