Mobil 1 0-40W Anygood?

gatty

Just prushased Audi A2 1.4tdi (2001) needs service (variable) and I have access to the above oil but is it as good as Castrol Edge or some of the others in previos threads.

Thanks for any help.

Thanks Spike

Volkswagen 502.00/505.00,503.01 according to Mobil website I guess not good enough. Would any fully synthetic 0-30w suffice for longlife service as a supplier is suggesting that they all have to meet 'European standards' or is it important that obtain an oil with the VW endorsement you suggest.

Hi gatty
It's important to use an oil which meets the VW spec. None of the 'European Standard' oils are likely to have an additive package which suits 'long life' servicing intervals or handles the high camshaft loadings induced by operation of the PD injectors.
One of the cheapest oils which meets the VW 50700 spec is made by Fuchs. This is available from Opie Oils who give extra discount with our Club discount card - see link
www.opieoils.co.uk/lubricants.htm

Cheers Spike

Thanks ULP

If I switched to fixed servicing say every 10k which oil would then be appropriate would Mobil 1 0-40w be ok. I assure you i haven't got a vested interest in this product just have a smal supply leftover from previous car.

for sale it somebody wants some, maybe at a meet or something or by post!

I bought a barrel of it, 60 litres! :eek:

Back