News More new A2 news

Looks to be another "A1 type" effort.... Nothing remains behind the original concept except the model badge and it's just built on another, soul-less, run of the mill chassis/platform..... It sounds like it will be an Audi version of the Golf Plus.... Yawn.... Booooring !!! :(

What's the point? The Golf (Plus) already exists in the Audi stable, it's the A3?
What's the point of making it physically bigger to make people think it's bigger in side? The Q7 is a whale of a beast on the outside, but inside it's the opposite! The A2 was well-packaged and Tardis-like.

So - it won't have an alu/carbon chassis, it won't therefore likely have alu/ mixed material body panels, it then more than likely won't feature the very clever flat-floor interior of the original or the concept, and unlikely to have any innovation in drivetrain.

More and more likely that my next car won't be an Audi at this rate.

I am astounded! However if thats what it takes to make it a commercial success then so be it but it will probably be out of my league for size alone, let alone cost. I really think Audi are wrong with this. Why not do an Audi A2 based on the Up!? The Up! is nearer being a true A2 successor than anything else in the VW group. I am not worried about it being alu construction but the tardis concept is to me quite fundamental and if I want a Golf Plus type vehicle then I can buy any number of such cars in or out of the VW group whether it be an Altea or something like a Meriva or offerings from Korea.

Good point - I seem to recall some earlier "reports" that the A2 was going to be based on the Up! platform, but then they came out with the all new alu/carbon bespoke electric platform we saw at Frankfurt last year.

As you say, there are any number of Golf Plus vehicles out there.

Back