Murphys Law!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Earl

Past Member
It's happened to all of us - call it want you want, Murphys Law, Sods Law.

My latest example is as follows.

I am due to exchange contracts tomorrow on our new house. Yesterday, the garden wall in our present house fell over. The wall is 10m long x 2m high & now needs to be completely rebuilt.
In the 6 years I've lived here, I've never made an insurance claim, but 2 days before exchange it all goes pear shaped.
Thankfully, the wife and I are quite mellow and just laughed. (through gritted teeth)

Anyone else got any other examples of Murphy doing his magic?

Don't drink drive! Not only is it socially unaceptable, it also harms A2's.
Was a 1.4SE petrol. http://www.audi-a2.co.uk/uk14.htm http://www.audi-a2.co.uk/safety.htm
New A2 - Ebony Black, Red Leather, CC, Symphony + all the previous options we had.

My Dad has a classic, last time he swapped over my mums car he got a really good px on it as it was immaculate with low mileage, He had never driven it except when we picked it up 3 year previously, on the way to the garage for the px he scraped it all down one side!!!!

£2000 worth of damage.

Apparently the air in the car turned blue with the language. The best bit much like yourself Rob he hadn`t made a claim for 17 years before that !!!

Rob,

Similar thing just happened to my Mother. She had already moved out the house into rented accomodation, and last Monday was planned to exchange contracts. On the Friday before however, estate agent popped in to check everything was ok and realised the heating was on upstairs but not downstairs. A Central Heating Engineer was called out, and confirmed the boiler had packed up!!!! After a bit of communication via the solicitors, and a quote from for a new boiler, the contracts exchanged on the Tuesday, and my Mother is left to pay the bill after it is completed. Bit of a stressful moment for her, however like yourselves she got through it ok.

Kaine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back