My A2 is giving a heartache!

This morning the red warning light for faults in the braking system came on - also traction control and ABS. I checked the brake fluid level and it was fine.... so I drove (it was driving fine, by the way) to the one and only Audi dealer here in Cork and they're so backed up they can't do diagnostics till next Friday! Anyway, this little b****r is giving me heartburns :( AAAAAArrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhghhh. First the mooing sound, engine oil min. warning light (came on for half a day and has not appeared again) now this... I'm beginning to fall out of love with my "moo cow" ;)

Sounds like you can expect many warnings when they plug in the VAG com. The computer might be the fault if you have trouble in different systems but I'm not an expert. I know the comfort computer at least is a little bit cheaper than you'd expect (right under €200).
Hope it's just a sensor or something.

Could be the relay for the ABS - happened on my earlier 2001 A2. Funnily enough same thing happened yesterday to mine but I stopped turned off the engine and then back on and it cleared. If it is intermittant I would guess the relay.

solo-traveller: I had the same problem with my A2 all the lights that you are getting plus power steering failure light. It turned out to be the steering angle sensor which had gone and it cost £271 to fix fortuantly I had a good warranty which I was able to claim on which took a year to resolve (the claim not the repair) but thats another long story.

Hey,

Unfortunately, I don't have a warranty for mine :( An independent mechanic diagnosed my A2 problem as a faulty ABS sensor. Otherwise, the car is running safe and fine (apart from the occasional "moohing"...). The part's been ordered and it's being put in tomorrow. Fingers and toes crossed...
Thanks for sharing. Glad to know I'm not the only one with multiple warnings lighting up the dashboard!

Hi solo-traveller,

My A2 has had the same lights flashing on and of for the past 18 mths, but I knew brakes and fluid etc were ok so we put up with it ( as the local Audi dealer charge £75 +VAT to hook it up and check. )

Had it checked the other week at a local independant garage who said it was a fault with brake system ECU !!
Darn't ask for a quote on that one. Guess we'll put up with it for another 18mths .

Back