My A2

ash!!!

Hello Everyone

I Have Just Brough A 2001 A2 36000 On The Clock And Woundering When The Cam Belt Should Be Changed ? Given The Age Of The Car . I Have Only Had It For One Day And Just Starting To Look At The Servicing For It , I Should Of Thought Of That First But Hey .
Any Help Would Be Great
Thanks Ash

Hello Ash and welcome.

Firstly, you may want to tell us whether it's a petrol or diesel model, as it makes a difference.

Secondly, you don't need to capitalise all your words!

Cheers,

Mike

experts here will confirm, but i just had my 03 petrol done showing 60ish thousand miles, like you i was also concerned it wasn't yet changed, i'm reliably informed the belt should be done at 4 years of age along with the waterpump.

I asked a similiar question and this was amongst the useful answers :)

My owners manual has 8 years/ 80K for all the engines (I think) but Audi have changed this to:

1.4 petrol - 80K no time limit
1.4TDI (both) - 60K/ 4 years
1.6FSI - 40K/ 4 years

Not 100% sure on the FSI info.

Personally, I wouldn't push any of these limits. Mine will have done roughly 48K in 4 years so that's when it'll get changed

Go to the top of the page click on the shoplink and its on the right hand side of that page. All you need now is your A2oc badges

Cheers Phil

radio

i also need to change the radio for a cd player dose anyone know how to do this i dont want to go and start pulling it apart and end up brakeing something

First at all, don't believe what clock it could be reprogrammed - 36000 and 2001? Unbelievable... but maybe you are a v. lucky man. But you should change all vulnerable parts. Such as: belts, water pump, filters...

If you want change a radio you should buy a radio keys to put it out.
Ebay auction link

Another thing is your radio installation. Have you got a car with a BOSE system, or normal 4+4speaker installation? Regardless yours rear speakers are passive, so normal (cheap) radio would work only with a front. You should consider buying by example Blaupunkt with ISO2 connector (with rear speakers steering) or buy a adapter

audi2004.jpg

or

ZRS-MISO4RCA-s.jpg

First at all, don't believe what clock it could be reprogrammed - 36000 and 2001? Unbelievable... but maybe you are a v. lucky man.

i picked my 4yr old 1.4 TDi up with 12k on the clock, FASH, 3 stamps! think that a lot of A2s were bought as second cars.

Removal of radio etc is relatively easy, have a search on the site, lots of pics available, try stafford audi for CD player, they seem to have offers on all the time, seem to recall an OE CD player for £99, and they wil post items
Glen

Low Milers

Halif - better believe it - there are many high quality low miler A2's running around, my wife drives a 52 registered 2003MY FSi with just 10,612 :eek: on the clock. We bought it from Audi, it was an Audi "owned" vehicle for the first year of its life, we have had it ever since -
2 VAG Service stamps and a new cam belt. :)

I've no doubt there are plenty of low mileage A2's out there. My wife's Merc A-Class is a 51 reg, owned from 9 months old and it's only done 33K.

Well... changing instruments settings is quite easy. And there's now way to check if they are "original", or reprogrammed. "For tranquility" better change belt after buying. It's relative inexpensive (cheaper then a engine rebuild). Except you got a service manual with a property registrations from a Audis service.

Well, i don't now a A2's market in UK, but most Audi - particularly TDi - have a huge distance on a clock. If they're buying pretty expensive diesel version, they wanted to exploit them :) but maybe on islands is different... Anyway i don't believe in a clock's number, but it is your car and your risk... :D

i am a lucky sod
i have been through the service history it has full audi and have a a copy of the service history sent to me and it is the true mileage only one owner prior to myself . i had brought it through my work being in the motor trade i had a bit of a bargin on it

Well... changing instruments settings is quite easy. And there's now way to check if they are "original", or reprogrammed. "For tranquility" better change belt after buying. It's relative inexpensive (cheaper then a engine rebuild). Except you got a service manual with a property registrations from a Audis service.

Well, i don't now a A2's market in UK, but most Audi - particularly TDi - have a huge distance on a clock. If they're buying pretty expensive diesel version, they wanted to exploit them :) but maybe on islands is different... Anyway i don't believe in a clock's number, but it is your car and your risk... :D

There is one sure fire way of telling if a car has been clocked or not and anyone with VAG COM can do it.

The engine ECU logs the approximate mileage (accurate to within 3-5%) and a scan of this module will show it (always in km), so all you need to do is compare this to the readout in the dash.

Clocking is far less of a problem in the UK than in Poland and eastern europe in general, especially when all you'll gain on a cars value is £500-1000 max.

Cheers,

Mike

just been through the service book the mileage seems to be correct it was brough from finchley audi and has been there for every service and warrenty work , last service wa in june 2007 with 30k on the clock:D

i'm sure your car is sound but it's easy to get around services etc, a guy i knew had a golf tdi some years ago and took the miles off just before service and mot time, sad but true(i don't normally hang out with crooks!)
i bought my A2 from a 60 yr old lady solicitor who owned it from new, my guess is that's almost as honest as it gets.

Back