News my brown a2 has gone and left me

a2sumo

A2OC Donor
Hi all as some of you know i had an accident last week, when a young lady thought she would try and push my a2 along whilst waiting at lights. Result a rather second hand looking rear bumper-NO REAL HARM DONE.She did say "sorry my foot slipped of the clutch".
Well today they came and took my car away for assesment then repair. So now im driving the future ---a hybrid Toyota Auris. I would have liked an A1 but not available. So time to find out how economical the hybrid is in comparison to either my fsi or tdi A2's. First impressions are well "soft" the seats/suspension,"sharp"the brakes ! my goodness they are like a switch. Synergie drive is smooth but very noisy if you use power option. Nice feature is reversing cameras and the display in the rear view mirror. keyless ignition seams odd i found myself driving off holding the key ! This is hardly an in depth review just my impressions of a car i would normaly not get to drive. More to come. Best bit its built in Britain-Derbyshire in fact.
CHEERS MIKE

Keyless driving is great. I miss it a lot.
I had previous Toyota Prius for a few days. Great car, not so nimble, etc, but excellent fuel consumption (the new one (and Auris) is even better) and I liked automatic transmission. I would have it immediately if that stupid price tag would not come along :).

Hi all i trust you all had a fab christmas. I have just had my castle red A2 returned to me after being repaired from the slight rear bump. Im very happy with the work they have done-even replaced the badges on the boot! The paint finish/colour is an excelent match.Direct line have been excelent in dealing with the claim thus far-as they have been with other claims we have had to make over the last few years.
The Toyota Auris HSD has been i guess typical toyota,in as much that it did everything well but just never excited in anything. The fuel economy leveled out at an average of 52.8 mpg. This was in my eyes quite acceptable for the size of car(short of the 70mpg guide). One odd thing was i found under fast driving i could get better economy by using "power mode" infact the power mode gave quite good performance. The boot was only slightly larger than the A2 -reality not litres. The bits that i didnt like were the engine noise/centre console waste of space/general odd shape of the bumpers. Bits i would like would be keyless ignition/entry,leather,alcantara,rear view camera,auto box to some extent.

Was nice to get my car back in a state i was happy with--i expected to be disapointed. cheers mike

Good to hear you have got your car back in good order. As for the hybrid economy, simply proves all that tech brings no real world gain over a good diesel and I would like to see how a hybrid A) copes with towing and B) copes with prolonged snow/ice/very cold weather....... However agree about the spec having alcantara on my A2 :) and leather and auto on the Toledo :)

Back