My first A2

barny

Hi,

Just bought my first A2 a few weeks ago. Used a lot of info on here to research before I took the plunge so thought it was about time I joined up :)

it's a 1.6 FSI sport model, done just over 125k.

So far, i've replaced the wiper motor, fitted parking sensors, fitted an aux input to the concert stereo, and had the avus alloys refurbed.

This was going to be a cheap runaround to get to work until we move house and I can afford to get something newer, but it's such a great car, I think i'll be keeping hold of it!

Looks to be in great condition, and I do love those wheels on an A2, especially Dolphin Grey too,
Welcome to the club, hope to see more pics please as you progress with ownership!
Cheers Jeff

Welcome to the forum (formally) and to the world of A2 ownership. Both, I warn you, are highly addictive. :D

Your A2 looks a lovely example and is in a fabulous colour which I adore. Nice set of genuine Audi wheels; not A2 standard fit, but seen before and really suit the car.

Enjoy your new ride. Any questions and the knowledgeable and friendly folk on these pages will be only too happy to help.

P.S. The A2 is a 'keeper'.

WELCOME!!

That is a great looking A2, Dolphin Grey is a classy colour on an A2 and I am a fan of the Avus wheels, I have them on my wife's A2.
They fill the arches nicely too.
wheels 2.jpg

I hope you will ask for help when needed, but it looks like you are up to plenty of DIY tasks.

Lots more pictures too please.

Steve B

I'll join in and welcome you to a2oc. I love the Fsi engine and one thing worth noting is to run it on premium fuel such as tesco momentum or shells high octane etc as it allows the engine to perform at its best both performance and economy.
It would be great to see you at a social if you fancy it. Looks like the end of April for the first one - so keep an eye on the socials section. Cheers Mike

Welcome!

Good to get another FSI owner on here, all those pesky TDI people are taking over :D. Dolphin Grey would have been my choice of colour, but I ended up getting Crystal Blue...

Wheels look good too, I keep checking them out on ebay wondering if I should.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome, i'm no stranger to messing about with cars, but i'll definitely be using your wealth of knowledge! My next problem to tackle will be the dreaded rear seat issue, as one of mine is locked in the upright position, but that one can wait, i'm just going to enjoy it for a while now :D

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome, i'm no stranger to messing about with cars, but i'll definitely be using your wealth of knowledge! My next problem to tackle will be the dreaded rear seat issue, as one of mine is locked in the upright position, but that one can wait, i'm just going to enjoy it for a while now :D

Check out the "How To" index page, there are many interesting links there and I am pretty sire that one of them is how to unstick a rear seat!

This is the link
[h=1]The Ultimate 'My Rear Seats Don't Work' Thread[/h]
Steve B

Thanks Steve, i'll take a look. hopefully it will be something straightforward!

Here's a few more photo's.

Back