My old A2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Earl

Past Member
I've just found out our old A2 - the Merlot Red one on its roof - is on a garage forecourt for sale.
A HPI check came back clear and the garage claim ignorance of an accident.
Opinions please......

http://www.a2oc.net/topic.asp?TOPIC...ink+and+Drive&Forum_Title=Members+Experiences

Don't drink drive! Not only is it socially unaceptable, it also harms A2's.
Was a Merlot Red 1.4SE petrol originally.
Now an Ebony Black 1.4SE petrol with Red Leather, CC, Symphony + all the previous options we had.

What catagory insurance write-off was it? If someone does an HPI on it then something should turn up at least. If the garage are selling it as a clear HPI then I would inform the the DVLA. Though from the pics the roll-over looked quite slow speed so maybe they were able to fix the damage to the pillars. However cheap teh cars is though I would not buy it!

2004 1.4 TDi (90) SE, Cobalt Blue, Climate control, Cruise control, DIS, Sport seats, Winter pack, Symphony II.

Don't know what category it was - they just paid for our new car as the old one went over the ££'s threshold to repair.

Now an Ebony Black 1.4SE petrol with Red Leather, CC, Symphony + all the previous options we had.

Uneconomical write off then as opposed to a mechanical write off

A2 TDI Sport Gone but Not Forgotten.

A3 TDI DSG, What do i do with my left arm and leg now ?

The insurance assessor reckoned £9500 to repair the car. It can't be up for that much more on a forecourt now.
My concern is that the repairs are not up to top spec and a potential buyer could end up with this car not knowing its been on its roof. This was the main reason we wanted it written off - it stood up pretty well this time but if it was involved in another accident........

edit: Have now been in contact with DVLA and HPI. Neither have any records of it being written off. HPI are going to get in contact with the insurers and find out why it isn't on their records. DVLA wasn't sure how to proceed so have asked for a letter outlining my concerns.

Independant of the repair and condition any potential buyers are entitled to know the history - is it an Audi Dealer?

Kaine

EARL ROB
What is the name of the dealer who is selling this car. and whats the reg.

The garage is Kenilworth Motor Co & it is currently up for £7991 on their website. I've just checked out a rough price and it should be up for approx £9400.

I've now seen some piccies of the repaired car and I couldn't help but notice the A2OC sticker is still in the rear window.

The reg is KE52KYM.

I think you should go along there and show them the photos of it on it's roof - do they even know it's history?

[img=left]http://www.a2forum.net/stuart1.jpg[/img=left] Stuart Diamond: A2OC Founder | Forum Administrator | Ex-A2 Owner (Now a VW Touran Owner!)

2001 TDi SE: Cobalt Blue Metallic | Open Sky Roof | Kenwood Mask CD | Front Centre Armrest | Front Centre Tray.
Visit the A2OC Website

I've sent an email to them Stuart asking if they're aware of its history.

If they are selling it way below list price then it makes me wonder if they do know it's history.
I may visit the dealer next week-end as it's only a few miles away and see if I can spot the signs of repair.

2004 1.4 TDi (90) SE, Cobalt Blue, Climate control, Cruise control, DIS, Sport seats, Winter pack, Symphony II.

Isn't it against the law not to disclose a major piece of history such as this?

[img=left]http://www.a2forum.net/stuart1.jpg[/img=left] Stuart Diamond: A2OC Founder | Forum Administrator | Ex-A2 Owner (Now a VW Touran Owner!)

2001 TDi SE: Cobalt Blue Metallic | Open Sky Roof | Kenwood Mask CD | Front Centre Armrest | Front Centre Tray.
Visit the A2OC Website

I've kindly been forwarded some pictures of the car after it has been repaired. Fron what I can see, the rear window and last glass panel of the roof don't line up very well - the roof seems to be standing proud by a few mm on the drivers side.
Also, the rear bumper looks a slightly different shade - but that may just be the shadows.

Rob, please email me the photos (if you don't mind) and I'll post them up...

Visit the A2OC Website

rob7.jpg

See what I mean about the roof.

rob10.jpg

It looks like the rear bumper is a slightly different shade - but that might just be the light.

Investigations are still ongoing. Some of these organisations are extremely hard work to get answers out of.

No it didn't have leather - it had beige cloth trim.

I'm the chap that started all this I'm afraid!
Came very close to putting a deposit on this car, and if it was'nt for a very nice sales chap at the original Audi dealership with a very good memory, I would have never been any the wiser.
Just hope that something is done about this type of car dealer who somehow manages to hide a car's previous history. How the hell did the HPI check not clarify the situation???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back