Mystical Norwich

Status
Not open for further replies.

runboy

It's snowing to the south of Norwich where no snow was ever forcast. It's snowing to the north of Norwich and has been for some time.

So why the heck doesn't it snow on Norwich? Are we in some time zone? We could be-maybe about 4 months ahead as it is sunny, blue sky etc.

I'm thinking of moving-this place is just too weird (yep, even for me).

[13][29][8D]

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

Tell me about the sunny blue sky Steve, It's the same here in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire. We're supposed to have a 60% chance of heavy snowfall!!!

Nov 2002 TDi Sport, Silver,Black/grey interior,climate. Replaced previous Mar 2001 TDi SE

Had a light covering last night and that is it. The west of the region which was supposed to be clear had about 6inches of the stuff. Oh well, maybe more today.

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

We only got a dusting overnight but the snow's really coming down at the moment. The office resembles a primary school classroom, everyone's at the windows.

Shaf

Nov 2002 TDi Sport, Silver,Black/grey interior,climate. Replaced previous Mar 2001 TDi SE

YESSSSSSSSSSS

Snowing heavily in Norwich now, settling in ever increasing piles. Traffic is slowing so nice slow drive home tonight!

Know what you mean Shaf-but we are all kids at heart and love snow...!!!

Ok, I want it to stop snowing now. 3hours 40mins to get home-normally well under an hour. Norwich at a standstill (well not quiet as I got home, but you know what I mean!).

Frequent heavy snow showers now, and MetOffice issued a severe weather warning of blizzards tonight. I'm staying at home tomorrow and putting my feet up and stroking the bunny!.

I must admit that staying at home on a workday is pretty perverted ;)

A friend of ours was admitted to hospital in Norwich on Monday, but couldnt be discharged yesterday because the only access was by helicopter, well for incoming patients anyway. Also no phones worked. I didn't know the telephone had reached Norfolk yet, probably the string froze.

HR
Hope your friend is ok.

A lot of nurses who were on duty stayed and slept over becuase the next shift couldn't get in to work. The local council have blamed the motorist for leaving work ealry when the snow started, and they also blamed the snow for being 2 hours early. They have done nothing with the footpaths so this morning pedestrians are fighting for road space with cars, lorries etc as it is the only place safe to walk.

I think the string is ok, but the bean tins at either end are rusting...

Runboy, lump removed awaiting lab test (technical name escapes me at the moment). I will pass on your good wishes. She may visit this weekend.

Norfolk is so small you feel as if you know everyone.

In fact in some outlying villages most people are related.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back