need help few Q's

rhyd4

firstly my seatbelt doesnt work, is there anywhere to get a replacment exept audi (just curious, £115 new from audi)
im looking into some rs4 replicas,i have read about the offset of 38et for 17's but i can only find some with 35et, anybody know of any sites that sell the right ones? or what have others gone for?
and finaly, i have a chorus tape deck fitted with no multi changer, ther doesnt seem to be a source button on the stereo to chang to cd if i was to get a multi changer if a can, does anybody know any diffrent

thanks for the help

Hi rhyd4, Welcome to the A2oc
Many of the Club members recommend Vag Parts for spares. Send for our Discount card and window sticker pack before you order and you'll get an extra 10% off.
There have been a few posts recently on rs4 wheels so do a Search for previous posts.
I believe the early Chorus head units do not support a CD changer but the later Chorus 2 unit does. These are not easily interchangable and fitting the factory CD changer in the boot is very expensive. What about using an i pod instead?

Cheers Spike

There are RS4 replicas with tyres supplied preballanced on ebay for 540+25squid for shipping...

spike said:
Hi rhyd4, Welcome to the A2oc
Many of the Club members recommend Vag Parts for spares. Send for our Discount card and window sticker pack before you order and you'll get an extra 10% off.
There have been a few posts recently on rs4 wheels so do a Search for previous posts.
I believe the early Chorus head units do not support a CD changer but the later Chorus 2 unit does. These are not easily interchangable and fitting the factory CD changer in the boot is very expensive. What about using an i pod instead?

Cheers Spike
cant see any seat belts on vag parts but thanks for that, i think i'll email them to see.
what about an aftermarket stereo then, can these be fitted as easy as other cars? i see you can get the gap surrounds for the strereo.

Paddys said:
There are RS4 replicas with tyres supplied preballanced on ebay for 540+25squid for shipping...
ive seen plenty of replicas but none with the 38et only with 35et, does this matter. i have read the forum and ther are a lot of people with aftermarket wheels are these ok in 35et?
thanks

rhyd4 said:
ive seen plenty of replicas but none with the 38et only with 35et, does this matter. i have read the forum and ther are a lot of people with aftermarket wheels are these ok in 35et?
thanks

Welcome rhyd4,

I have recently replaced my standard 15" rims with a set of 'OZ' 17x7" 35et.

I purchased the wheels from an Audi dealership and I was told that this offset is within the tolerance of the car.

So far I have not experienced any problems with body work foul etc... and the larger wheel has greatly improved road holding and driver satisfaction.:)

Hope this is useful.

Regards,

Darren

great thanks, how about going 7.5 and not 7 as thats all i can find.

Last edited:
Check out the 'Wheels and Tyres' section of the forum. There are lots of opinions out there about what will fit and what will cause problems. Several members have successfully fitted the 7.5 wide 17" rims you mention without any trouble.

Ultimately, you take your chance!!;)

I must admit I also find this subject confusing.
You have to think that the offset for the A2 is greater for a reason and I know some people have had problem with the ABS sensor wire with the standard sport 17's with ET38
Having said that there are also plenty of people using ET35's claiming to not have a problem. whether they will get issues later or not.
Personally I'm still undecided either way but I will say Skipton our esteemed technical director has urged caution. I trust him so am sticking with my original but scuffed 17" RS4's for the time being. Although I think I may have a slightly buckled wheel so may need to rethink this soon.

Your esteemed Technical Director may well be able to offer some expanded advice soon!

Watch this space!

Back