New A2 owner - Dolphin Grey 2003 SE 1.4

MrHooky

Hi there all,

Picked up our Audi A2 this week. Purchased as a bit of a stop gap car due to my wife's company car going back and there being a waiting list for the next car we plan on ordering.

I must say I'm rather fond of it already. A dolphin grey 1.4 SE with full leather, sky roof and rear electric windows. Our main family car was a RR Evoque, and I must say that it doesn't really feel a step down getting in to the A2. The leather helps make it feel special. Other car in the house is my 2004 Audi TT V6 in Dolomite grey - very similar colour.

Car has done 94k miles and doesn't seem to have had the cambelt done. Last service (by Audi) was at 74k so I've got it booked in for a major service/cambelt/water pump/brake fluid etc as it's going to be the main family car for 6 months or so. Wheels are a bit of mess so I may get refurbed, plus I plan on giving it a machine polish at the weekend to get the paint looking it's best. A few nicks and scrapes but most should polish out. Pretty happy with overall condition given the price I paid.

One question I have is that there's a noticeable rattle from inside the steering column - mainly when accelerating (due to engine vibration). Is this common - is there any easy fix as it's annoying! Might get my indy to look into it when in for a service.

Apart from that - pretty chuffed. A good looking car given it's age - still looks modern by today's standards. Feels very light on the road - especially compared to my nose heavy TT V6.

Looking forward to being part of this forum...

And here's a pic...

Spent some time yesterday machine polishing the drivers side. Still a few swirls as need to use a finishing pad but starting to look good. Not perfect but not bad for a first attempt...

IMAG0224-2.jpg

Lovely looking car. My favourite colour too!
Been on this forum since 2006 and neve heard of a steering column rattle, so my bet is its something simple like a dropped sweet or coin or loose clip.

Back