New A2 Owner

zaphodbb

A2OC Donor
Hi All

New to A2 ownership but not to owners clubs having previously been in the MGOC, TR Register and RRR - picked-up my A2 last week which is a '53 Silver 1.6FSI Sport with red leather interior, heated seats and BSS :(.
I have some upgrades planned such as hands-free & Aux input for the CD/Radio and rear electric windows to which Tom has been kind enough to give me some hard earned advice, but these may go on hold as I'm finding the seriously firm suspension a bit of a challenge :rolleyes: I also need to sort-out the sunroof, but I know this is going to be a real pain so may leave until I can afford a working S/H one as it's broken in the fully closed position.

All the best and looking forward to meeting some of you at a local gathering some time.

zaphodbb (Kevin)

Welcome. Regarding Broken Sky looks like your car might still be just under 10 years old? If so does it have a full service history? If so you should immediately phone Worthing Audi to book in for the free roof replacement. Don't delay! Don't try any other Audi dealers...
Best of luck

Welcome to A2oc your car sounds like a fine example with its spec and i'm sure given time you will get it into the condition it deserves. Glad you talk about socials, why not join us at the largest show for audis in the Uk-possibly Europe! details are in the social section but advance tickets end very soon so get in now. At £8 per car its a bargain.
good opportunity to check out others A2's and see what they have done to theirs. cheers mike

Hi Kevin,

Welcome to the A2OC and A2 ownership.

As Dan has advised, check the build date of your car, and if under 10 years old contact Worthing Audi without delay, as your car may qualify for the replacement OSS with just the cost of a full service.

Also, as Mike has said - try and get along to Northants on 11th August for AIPT.
It's a great social event with plenty to see and some great folk to chat to.

Cheers

Jeff

Thanks for the warm welcome Dan, Mike and Jeff

Sadly although I have full SH for the car, the last five years weren't by a main dealer so I believe the free OSS fix doesn't apply (unless I want to drive to Germany)?

I'll keep a look-out for the meetings but may not be able to make August.

Pan-Galactic Gargle Blasters - Sorry but I think DA took the secret of making those to his too-early grave. Such a loss :(

Must go to bed now...... :)

Kevin

Welcome, a lovely spec car you have there :cool:

I'd certainly give Worthing a call, you've nothing to lose and they don't have a negative approach to things :)

I've learned from here that A2s didn't have great damping when new, however there's also a huge amount of info regarding dampers, springs, wheels & tyres, and their effects on the ride and handling; when you start looking I'd suggest sitting down with a pot of tea rather than a cup :D

Agree call them anyway you've nothing to lose and everything to gain. Those hoopy froods really know where their towels are.

Ok, nuttinnew & Dan - if you think it's worth a try even without MDFSH. I'll give them a call in the morning :) I'll let you know how I get on.
Question though- are either of you aware of Worthing doing this for anyone without MDFSH?

nuttinnew, yes, I've already found many threads on springs and shocks and have already downloaded the GKN/Spidan spring catalogue. As for shocks, I'm undecided about which way to go - FSD's are too expensive for me at this time, the same for Bilstein's so it may be Monroe's. I can't recall anyone running the Spidan / Monroe combination though (I also need confirmation that the Spidan front springs work with a OSS on a FSI as they only list one option - I assume the HD option I need for the rears) also, any idea what the '--> pr' means in the warning column?

Dan, I wonder how many readers have any idea of what you're talking about: it takes me back to the time I heard the radio series first broadcast :) :) :) Freeooww man.

You'll need to demonstrate the car has been serviced according to the schedule. If one or two aren't main dealer stamps but the service has still been done you might be ok. Only way to know is speak to Worthing. They're the only Audi Dealer in the Uk who will do warranty replacements.

I think someone recently went Spidan & Monroe? So many threads on suspension now it's difficult to keep up.

Resistance is Useless!

Just to add...

Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts compared to space.

I think someone recently went Spidan & Monroe? So many threads on suspension now it's difficult to keep up.
That'll be me then! Ain't got all the bits in yet, shall do so soon & report back.
Cheers, Hedge

Well Froods, I asked the plate-captain to pass me the rat rod and called Worthing on Saturday. Spoke to a very nice man who said scan all the info and email it to [email deleted as no longer in use - call Worthing and speak to Chris for correct one] as it's he who deals with warranty repairs - this I have done and am awaiting a reply with crossed fingers.
So have now joined Zarniwoop on a space cruise in his office while I wait....... no need to put your analysts on danger-money just yet :)

Last edited:
Hmmm, still nor reply so I called Worthing again today and asked to speak to Chris - turns out that the email address I was given is no longer in use.

Anyway I have now re-sent the details to a working email address and am awaiting a call......

Back