New A2 picked up yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

tegel

Hi all,
I finally picked up my 2003 A2 yesterday and left my 2001 A2 to the dealer. First observations;

The new car is totally different compared to the old. Better suspension, more isoloated from noise from the engine/road/wind, better tactile quality in the switches (steering column stalks etc). No squeaks or rattles. In retrospect, the old one feels like a pre-production model (which, probably, it was).

I can futher recommend the following options; ECC, remote locking, 16" alloys (better handling), sports steering wheel (fantastic grip), Sports seats (they have electric lumbar support adjustment)!, multibox (gives cupholder in rear + 12v in luggage compartment + box), Symphony stereo (great looking, great sound + it gives you the tray under the hand brake lever) and DIS for obvious reasons.

Interior is beautiful in black/black. Alutrim + 43 liter fuel tank is now standard as well as new wiper. In sweden also what you call "winter pack".

All in all, I'm very happy I upgraded. Most recommended!

Cheers,
Martin

2003 A2 petrol with some extras!

Adrian,
1.4. The 1.6 is GBP 2000 more expensive than the 1.4 and reviews of that car are not raving...I concidered to buy the s-line version, which is beautiful, but dealer told me it is far to stiff to drive so I listened to him.

/Martin

Enjoy!!! You guys pay a hefty tax on diesel and is one of the countries in Europe with the lowest diesel car sales? True? Is that why you did not go for the TDI?

_______________________________________________________________________________________
2001 A2 TDI SE Crystal Blue with Open Sky, 6CD Symphony, BOSE upgrade, DIS and HALF a winterpack!

and iPAQ 3970 with Sat-Nav sleeve

http://www.audi-a2.co.uk/uk23.htm

True! We pay fivefold yearly tax on diesels, that's why only taxi is using them. Also, the selling price is higher for the diesel.

I really enjoy the new car. Bought a rack system and roof-box today.

/Martin

Enjoy your posh new A2!. Your experience of an older and newer A2 shows the patchy build quality-and for the better!.

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

Well, normally a car is refined during years of production. Also some cost-cutting is done but on the A2 I have to say that the improvements are quite substantial. Three days now I drive the car and I like it more and more over the old one. It's, quite simply, great.

/Martin

My dad has always told me NEVER to buy a car it's first year of production. Let them sort the factory line out first before you buy... you won't be first on the block with a new shape - but you will enjoy it far more in being perfect. My car does not have a single rattle. And by the sound of it lots of people on here have quite a few... maybe I'm just lucky?

_______________________________________________________________________________________
2001 A2 TDI SE Crystal Blue with Open Sky, 6CD Symphony, BOSE upgrade, DIS and HALF a winterpack!

and iPAQ 3970 with Sat-Nav sleeve

http://www.audi-a2.co.uk/uk23.htm

good evening all, i am picking up my second A2 FSI sport on monday any guys know how it drives love to hear from anyone

m lui

I've had my A2 1.6fsi sport for 3 weeks now, great little car but:-

I would recommend the 16 inch rims in place of the kerb-magnets fitted as standard on the sport model. There is a marked improvement in ride quality and the handling or road-holding doesn't seem to have degraded much at all:-

Only one annoying fault, mine suffers with pronounced hesitation on a light or steady throttle. Been back to dealer already but no fix and is now going in again on Monday.

Good luck with yours, I'm sure you'll love it.

quote:Originally posted by littleone

good evening all, i am picking up my second A2 FSI sport on monday any guys know how it drives love to hear from anyone

m lui

1.6 fsi Sport but with 16" rims. Combination works well.

Hi,
I also have been experiencing "hesitation" when accelerating through the gears. It starts OK, but after revving to 3500 and shifting to second gear, the car hesitates for a split second before it "gives gas" and continues to accelerate. Same between second and third gear etc.

I actually hear that the engine is silent for this split second before starting to sound normal again.

Will go to dealer and check tomorrow.

/Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back