New Discs

sean

Hi All,
Just had my A2 serviced and they have said that it need new discs and pads. The amber brake warning light came on on the way to the garage! but went off when I started the car up to move it to a different space. Now on all the time.So not their fault.
I had the brake fluid changed also. They quoted just under £250 to replace the discs and pads.
Not sure if I should just get pattern parts or if there is an alternative. I am happy to change them myself, they quoted 1.5 hours that still makes the parts £110 according to them. Good service otherwise.
Are pattern parts worth it or should I buy the Audi bits at £110
thanks for any advice
Great Forum!!!

Changed my front discs and pads earlier in the year, bought pagid items from eurocarparts, cant remenmber the exact price but it was less than 80 quid delivered to my door.

Just a thought re genuine parts;

Audi list the discs as A2 specific while the pads fit many different cars including the 9N Polo. Discs the same size as the A2 ones using the same pads have a different part number and are cheaper, what difference could there be? If the hubs/calipers/pads are the same, how could they be physically different?

Just a thought re genuine parts;

Audi list the discs as A2 specific while the pads fit many different cars including the 9N Polo. Discs the same size as the A2 ones using the same pads have a different part number and are cheaper, what difference could there be? If the hubs/calipers/pads are the same, how could they be physically different?

I had a similar dilemma when buying Brembo Max discs which are not listed for the A2 - more info here - http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showpost.php?p=48069&postcount=24

Cheers Spike

I bought Brembo discs as they were still cheaper than Audi OE but they are a brand that I trust with my life.

Changed the front discs to standard "Easy:Check" Brembo's earlier this year. Good quality, a lot cheaper than the original ones. Labor is a bit tricky if it's your first time changing them, but it was worth it, even if only for knowing i've cleaned and checked everything out thoroughly.

Back