New Forum member from West London

TYP 8Z

Hello,

Just to say HI to everyone on this forum. My obsession with the Audi A2 started few years ago, when a good friend of mine had one parked inside his own office! Actually the garage was attached to his office main room , separated by a thin glass wall, and the car, a silver TDI was on proud show every time you entered his office in Notting Hill.
So, last year I eventually decided to go for it and bought a nice 2003 TDI SE in dolphin gray….spent some money to make it right and now I had it for 8 months and no problem whatsoever, touching aluminum :)

Being an architect passionate about design, aeronautics, technology and environment there is not much choice left in this word when it comes to getting a car. I believe the Audi A2 is the closest thing to a plane (with four wheels and no wings, obviously). I am completely addicted to its timeless design, aerodynamic efficiency and kindness to the environment without having to drive an ugly Prius.

I have been browsing this forum since I bought the car and I am amazed how helpful this site is, so I am really grateful to all the members that contribute here with their incredible knowledge.

As the passion and obsession grows, I have now started to look to the most extreme version of the A2, the 1.2TDI 3L. I am considering, in the short future, a possible purchase in Germany, where it seems possible to buy some 1.2 with very low mileage: I see that some members here have managed to import some 1.2. It would be great to hear some feedback...

TYP 8Z, London

Welcome!
Where in West London are you - there are a few of us about!

There are several 1.2 owners here in the UK so there is experience of importing them and the conversions required. It's such a shame Audi never made an RHD version of the 1.2 :(

Hi there! Around Notting Hill....

Why Audi never imported the 1.2 remains a mystery. I can only guess that they were loosing so much money on the car that they thought to save some money by not pushing the steering wheel to the correct side :)

HI Guys
I have just bought a Tdi last Tues all the way from Scotland! It is a 2002 SE with cream leather, double DIN with front 6 cds, cruise control, electric lumbar, reverse sensor and E front/back windows. It even has the _DSC0033.jpg rare headlight washer. Very happy! Had doubts about the cream interior but after seeing it in real life I like it. It is less hot and less gloomy than a dark interior. The leather seats are easy to keep clean as well.

I am in W11, anyone near me?

Last edited:
Back