New Motor (A2 Gone but not forgotten)

• Thread starter fairbrother3202
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fairbrother3202

First pictures of new car that we will be picking up at the weekend. Still not sure about the colour, but really struggled to find the right model in the the right colour. Was not even sure about the camel leather interior, but I am sure that it will grow on me. Iam already getting idea's about replacing the wheels, gearstick, badging etc. But that's me !
DSC00774.jpg

DSC00775.jpg

C-MaxInterior.jpg

Dolphin Grey 1.4 petrol c/w OpenSky

Sorry about the size of that first picture - Not sure where I went wrong with that one !

A2 Gone but not forgotten !!!!!!!

Hey Scott nice car and i love that interior
i bet it wont belong before you have it chipped
6x9s in the back slung along on 18inch Rims
still reckon it looks like a bigger version of an
A2 good choice mate ......[24]

A2avatar.jpg

If you don't mind me asking what price and spec is the C-Max. I have long admired these cars and they seem to be good value in the car supermarkets. The 1.6 diesel engine is very economical.

Also they are not that common but I think will become more popular with the the new focus getting people used to the looks. When you are in possesion if you could post some pics of the boot with seat down that would be useful

Phil

Looks real nice.
I priced these up a few years ago, but it went over 20 000
for a descent spec !

andy

1.4TDI SE, DIS ,Leather ,CD ,ipod ,Climate ,Road Angel ,Tom Tom Go.

Think I must be jinxed!
Just to briefly explain, I ordered this car through my local Ford dealership. They had nothing in stock and sourced this car on 'Ford Direct'. All they could tell me at the time was the Model, the mileage and the registration number. They had no idea as to the interior colour or if there were any other options fitted. Haggled over price and settled on a figure of £11,000. Was told that the car was to be traded in at a Ford dealership in Poole (Dorset) the following week and following transportation up to Lancashire, I could be in possession in approx. 2 weeks. We left a deposit for £1000, borrowed a coutesy car from them due to the fact that my A2 was being sold that day. A couple of days later I rang another Ford dealership in the area to do a check on their computer to see if I could find out anything myself. Was told that the car had made one visit for warranty work, which was a replacement DVD remote. Therefore must have the DVD multi-media kit fitted. I rang my garage to basically let them know that I knew just in case they had any thought of removing it prior to me taking delivery. Was assured that this would not happen and told me that to think of this as a stroke of luck as they were not aware one had been fitted. I had a phone call on monday to tell me that they had some bad news about the car. They had now found out that the interior was 'Camel' which we had said originally we would not have wanted due to it's lack of practicality (four year old son). The salesman then told me that it was not all bad, as it was all leather. Obviously good news, but he said that he had not yet told his boss who would be mortified as they could have got a lot more for the vehicle if they had known this in the first place. (What a shame). Said he could now send me pictures of the vehicle from Ford in Poole (posted above).
Anyway, to end, I had a phone call this morning to say that the transported driver had turned up last night to pick up the car and had noticed that there was significant bodywork repairs. He rang his boss who immediately rejected the vehicle. They said that they have looked for a similar spec car and cannot find one and did I want my deposit back + could they have their courtesy car back for the weekend. The thing is, I dont believe a word of it. I went absolutely ballistic and accused them of cancelling due to the fact that they had obviously found out that this car was more marketable due to the DVD and leather and probably sold it to someone else for more money. I asked them to put me in touch with whoever they were dealing with in Poole but they would not. They told me I should take them on their word.
How about that then ! Especially afetr posting the bloody pictures !
Back to square one - Now sat here looking for a new car. Any idea's?

OH Man i feel your pain you have got to be jinxed
you can bet your life that someone came along
and offered more money or something
stick with it you never no something better may come along
that was a nice car though .........Its got to be another
C-Max im afraid as i was looking forward to seeing
some more shots....[2]

A2avatar.jpg

Or call Consumer Direct (my wife works for them) for the best way to proceed. The usually give good simple advice for you to sort it out on your own.

Don't drink drive! Not only is it socially unaceptable, it also harms A2's.
Was a Merlot Red 1.4SE petrol originally.
Now an Ebony Black 1.4SE petrol with Red Leather, CC, Symphony + all the previous options we had.
A2%20front%20side_small.jpg
Audi%20accident.gif
New%20A2%20front%20offside_small.jpg

Quite simple - the dealer in Poole shoudl fix the bodywork, your dealer gets the car deliverd and passes keys to you.

If not threaten them with trading standards, after all they took a significant deposit.

Keep the courtesy car until they get it sorted out.

Ian

1.4 Petrol Special Edition, Ebony Black, grey leather, heated seats, climate, opensky, five spoke alloys for SWMBO (Replaced a 2002 1.4 Petrol SE) Honda Accord Tourer 2.2 iCDTi for me.

After speaking to the missus things don't look quite as clear cut. Even if you had a written contract they can still get out of it this way & you probably won't get any satisfaction. It's not a nice way of doing business but it happens.... There is a more technical explanation but I can't remember the lingo she used.

Like you said, what with trying to buy an A2, almost buying our old one & now this, jinx is a pretty good word. You haven't sworn at any gypsies selling lucky heather have you?

Don't drink drive! Not only is it socially unaceptable, it also harms A2's.
Was a Merlot Red 1.4SE petrol originally.
Now an Ebony Black 1.4SE petrol with Red Leather, CC, Symphony + all the previous options we had.
A2%20front%20side_small.jpg
Audi%20accident.gif
New%20A2%20front%20offside_small.jpg

"Good things come to them that wait!"
Think I might have got something else lined up for Saturday, but typically it means a long drive to Cardiff. There is a car there that fits the bill. Right colour (Metallic Panther Black), Right Model (2.0litre TDCi Ghia), Right interior (Camel Leather), Right Alloy's (17" machined), Right stereo (6 disc Sony dash mounted system).
Have pictures but a little nervous to post them in case it may be a bad omen.
Can I just say a big thanks about the above advice, but after going through a small claims court a couple of years ago (dodgy builder), winning my case, but never getting a penny off the low life (£600) I just hate the thought of going through a similar process. I would sooner just put it down to experience.
Have had to have the day off work, sat in front of the computer to source this car.
Cross your fingers for me chap's.

Well, after a very long drive to Cardiff, I am now the proud owner of a Ford Focus C-Max 2.0TDCi.
Pictures ar below (if I manage to get them on - My I.T. skills are not getting better with age!)
In the end, I think we got a better car. The combination of metallic black exterior and camel leather interior just seems to go together better. But that is just my own opinion.
Still miss the A2, but from a power point of view, this girl flies!
DCP00532.jpg

DCP00534.jpg

DCP00535.jpg

DCP00541tttt.jpg

Man i said something better would turn up
thats a beautie the black with the camel interior
lovely !!!!!!!
And the alloys are much better
good choice Scott [8D]

A2avatar.jpg

Status