New owner

Grimupnorth

A2OC Donor
Hello.
I'm the new (3rd) owner of an Audi A2 1.4 Tdi Sport YO04ECD, it might have been registered as R6TCG with its first owner. Both previous owners were from the South Yorkshire area. Think the colour is Akoya Silver, black leather interior, double din stereo and DIS. I don't know if there are any other extras fitted to the car, because I don't know what the spec should be. The car does have 15" wheels that might not be standard. The car is just approaching 93K miles and appears in good condition. Don't know if anybody knows the vehicle?
I wasn't in the market for an A2, but my 1999 Audi A4 Tdi that I'd had from nearly new was written off last month and I had to look for a new car. At first I was going to buy a new or nearly new car, but then I thought I'd get a "runner", started looking a cars advertised locally, saw an advert for an A2 one mile away that looked a bit tatty and it got me searching for others. The next closest was the one I've bought. I plan to get it fully serviced and checked over when the mechanic/garage I use returns from holiday. The only issue I've noticed so far is the temperature gauge only moving a bit.

I bought an A2 today, and the temperature gauge barely moves in mine too. Though its a 1.4 petrol I suspect the cause is the same for both our cars - a faulty thermostat!! Should be an easy and cheap fix I think...

I bought an A2 today, and the temperature gauge barely moves in mine too. Though its a 1.4 petrol I suspect the cause is the same for both our cars - a faulty thermostat!! Should be an easy and cheap fix I think...

Before you replace the thermostat you should consider tht it MIGHT be the temperature sender that is the problem.

Much easier to replace, so it might save you money.

A scan might make sure. Also please remember that the temperature gauge takes a while to move anyway. It is not a gradual move from 0 upwards, it stays on 0 until it is quite warm.

Steve B

Thanks...hadn't considered that. I picked the car up from Wiltshire, around 90 miles from home, and although it was reasonably warm (up to 18 if the DIS is to be believe ☺️) and I drove briskly after the first 5 or 10 familiarisation miles the needle didn't move much above 70 degrees or so.

I second the temp sender unit. Cured my static temp gauge.

james

Also make shure that your thermostat fan is working as it should. I've just found that out the hard way, car in garage getting fix. Ive had the same probs with temp and now paying the price

Also make shure that your thermostat fan is working as it should. I've just found that out the hard way, car in garage getting fix. Ive had the same probs with temp and now paying the price
Yes, it is worth checking all related items before spending any money on solutions.

Remember though that the cooling fan comes on when the climate is switched on. Don't confuse this as a potential issue.

Steve B

Yes, it is worth checking all related items before spending any money on solutions.

Remember though that the cooling fan comes on when the climate is switched on. Don't confuse this as a potential issue.

Steve B
Cheers for that Steve, i just thought it was worth checking, as you say check all related items

Having just seen the post from PeterS, I checked my handbook and discovered the colour of my car is not Akoya Silver.
The paint code is LY7R, which Google tells me is Crystal Blue.
When I get chance I'll take some photos of the car.
DSCF2052.jpg

I have to admit I thought that Crystal Blue was one of the more common colours:(. There is a list somewhere of the numbers of each colour registered.

Back